Gender Recognition

5 hours ago, ukdobby said:

There was a woman in one of the news programmes Monday what said a quarter of young people are none binary,surely this can't be right.

That shows a quarter of young people have never been told 'no' and are probably spoilt brats whose parents are probably 'liberals' and promote 'freedom of expression'...

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, ukdobby said:

There was a woman in one of the news programmes Monday what said a quarter of young people are none binary,surely this can't be right.

It depends on what they consider to be non binary. Mathematically 0.01 and 0.99 are both non binary - it doesn't have to mean near 0.5 or swapped over to the other side.

Gender stereotyping says women are supposed to be passive and men are supposed to bottle up their feelings. So it could be argued that assertive women and men who cry when a parent dies are both non binary. I think that would be a rather severe definition of it but without knowing what the young people in the report consider as non binary it's difficult to make any comment on it. Unless of course you just want to rail against the whole idea in the first place.

Here is my take.... Only my opinion.

I have good friends in Chicago they have a teenage son, 19 I think. Without being too mean it's safe to say he is not the best looking chap and has always struggled for any attention, especially female attention.

Around 3 years ago he became non binary, changed his name and dyed his hair pink and wanted to be referred to as " they"

Around 2 years ago, he decided to knock that on the head and said he was back to wanting to be " him" again.

Around 6 months ago he went to a university and after say, 2 months he wanted to be non binary again and changed his name and wanted folk to refer to him as " they" again.

His parents are lovely and want they to be happy but both they agree it's just an attention thing.

I agree.

7 minutes ago, sheffbag said:

Ask 100 of them what it means and see how many can reply

They will say whatever social media has told them.

Trust me,  if all these non binary, transgender folk lived on an island with no internet, or t.v, my guess would be that more than 50% would not have these thoughts or tendencies.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

They will say whatever social media has told them.

Trust me,  if all these non binary, transgender folk lived on an island with no internet, or t.v, my guess would be that more than 50% would not have these thoughts or tendencies.

Choices they will be left to deal with later like cool drugs, and grandmas who try to explain their tattooed bodies to their grandchildren.  Who was Metallica, GrandmaThey, and what is a mosh pit?

:)

It used to be called youthful acting out and a little social rebelling, but with this aging lot, it’s a permanent condition!