Gender Recognition

It'd be interesting to see what Eddie Izzard's thoughts on it are, considering he's now claiming to be female when all of his original comedy skits were about being a straight man who liked to dress in women's clothing i.e. an action transvestite.

Even the people who claim to be 'whatever' don't actually know what they are.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Common sense prevails.

I mean, imagine agreeing to this..

The aim of the bill is to simplify and speed up the existing process by which people can obtain a gender recognition certificate (GRC) to change their legally recognised gender.

The changes lower the age that people can apply for a GRC from 18 to 16.

They also remove the need for a medical diagnosis of gender dysphoria, with applicants only needing to have lived as their acquired gender for three months rather than two years - or six months if they are aged 16 or 17.

16 year olds are still undecided about what shoes to wear nevermind legally changing their gender.

Well done the UK government.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Cynical me would think this whole exercise is absolutely nothing to do with gender. Rather, it’s about Scotland looking for conflict with the UK government, with a view to stirring up support for the independence movement.

You really think Wee Jimmy Krankie could be so underhand and devious?

NO, I WONT HAVE THAT!!!!!

• Like 1

On 23/12/2022 at 14:15, petemcewan said:

It's beyond belief that  the Scottish version  of gender recognition legislation has been passed.

I sincerely hope that the UK Government knock it back.  Holyrood  can threaten as much as they like.Arrogant ar....

Quote BBC.

I can see no consistency for allowing kids at 16 to self identify their gender, even worse if that includes starting drug treatments or whatever which will have an effect for the rest of their lives, when 16 year olds are not allowed to smoke or even vote or watch adverts for sugary foods.....

It's woke ballcox, or even worse, Scots Nats are looking for a fight with the UK government. But they have possibly chosen the wrong battle ground as I cannot imagine most Scots are in favour of this madness.

Edited by Chekhov
  • Like 5