Since When Did Praying Become A Crime?

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

I’m sure that it will be.

But, as we don’t really know what she’d been doing, maybe we should wait and see. I very much doubt that she was arrested and charged merely for standing quietly, alone in the street. 

The court case should be interesting.

I agree with that.

I've no doubt she will be one of those attention seeking folk who provoke and then start crying when held to account.

Bit like the attention seekers wearing rainbow clothing in Qatar.

40 minutes ago, stylefree said:

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/watch-outrage-as-woman-praying-silently-is-arrested-in-uk-street-taken-away-by-police-for-a-thought crime 

I would have thought police had more serious matters to deal with 

Wish I could correct the title for you so that it read truthfully - something like 'Since When Did Breaking The Law Become A Crime'

Maybe you could correct it?

• Haha 2

video here-

extract from Birmingham City Council (Station Road B30) Public Space
Protection Order 

"i Protesting, namely engaging in any act of approval or disapproval or attempted act of approval or disapproval, with respect to issues related to abortion services, by any means.
This includes but is not limited to graphic, verbal or written means, prayer or counselling, "

Personally I think they are a bit dubious here in defining prayer as protest

Edited by onewheeldave

1 hour ago, onewheeldave said:

Personally I think they are a bit dubious here in defining prayer as protest

An atheist might think prayer is insignificant but if the person being targetted shares the protester's religion, they might think that prayer has serious consequences. It's quite easy to see it could be considered harassment in those circumstances.

4 minutes ago, altus said:

An atheist might think prayer is insignificant but if the person being targetted shares the protester's religion, they might think that prayer has serious consequences. It's quite easy to see it could be considered harassment in those circumstances.

Chances are the person being 'targeted' as you put it would be unlikely to terminate a child if they are religious.

32 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Chances are the person being 'targeted' as you put it would be unlikely to terminate a child if they are religious.

If you'd put 'less likely' I'd have agreed with you. Use 'unlikely' and I'll disagree.

Catholicism, for example, forbids both contraception and abortion but plenty of catholics use contraception and get abortions. Abortion isn't even forbidden by many religions/denominations but some members of those religions/denominations protest against abortions.

• Thanks 1