Since When Did Praying Become A Crime?

51 minutes ago, altus said:

If you'd put 'less likely' I'd have agreed with you. Use 'unlikely' and I'll disagree.

Catholicism, for example, forbids both contraception and abortion but plenty of catholics use contraception and get abortions. Abortion isn't even forbidden by many religions/denominations but some members of those religions/denominations protest against abortions.

People can be guided by their faith but that doesn't necessarily mean they agree with everything their faith teaches.

Also, some atheists are against abortion.The well known atheist Christopher Hitchens was one of them.

• Like 1

Abortion is hugely controversial, and so it should be. I'm a cowardly fence sitter on this one. I believe women should have dominion over there own bodies, but God has dominion over life. And at what stage does a foetus become life? Some say from the moment of conception however abortion is allowed until 24, 26, or 28 weeks. Don't know which any more because it keeps changing. All things considered I suppose it has to be a personal choice between the woman and her God/ Conscience. I'm so so glad I have never had to make such a choice, though I've come close.

However I would like to think that in a time when excellent free contraception is available, people would act more responsibly and realise the enormity of having to make such an awful decision.  

Edited by Anna B

20 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Abortion is hugely controversial, and so it should be. I'm a cowardly fence sitter on this one. I believe women should have dominion over there own bodies, but God has dominion over life. And at what stage does a foetus become life? Some say from the moment of conception however abortion is allowed until 24, 26, or 28 weeks. Don't know which any more because it keeps changing. All things considered I suppose it has to be a personal choice between the woman and her God/ Conscience. I'm so so glad I have never had to make such a choice, though I've come close.

However I would like to think that in a time when excellent free contraception is available, people would act more responsibly and realise the enormity of having to make such an awful decision.  

Availability reduces responsibility perhaps? 

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Contraception is not always 100 % effective and then there is the issue of forced sex.

I don't believe in God at all and believe that women hold all the cards when it comes to all things regarding abortion. I never wanted kids and had a vasectomy at 27 paying for it privately before any kids. I've never really understood why anyone would want kids in such a rubbish world... contraception is a great thing but is never foolproof. If I were in charge I'd ban procreation and let the human race die off slowly over the next century or so..

22 minutes ago, bungleboy69 said:

I don't believe in God at all and believe that women hold all the cards when it comes to all things regarding abortion. I never wanted kids and had a vasectomy at 27 paying for it privately before any kids. I've never really understood why anyone would want kids in such a rubbish world... contraception is a great thing but is never foolproof. If I were in charge I'd ban procreation and let the human race die off slowly over the next century or so..

Thanks for cheering us up