John ,The Man With A Pram

butlers

The Capt Tom thing started with a lovely man doing something really nice, but quickly got turned into something else. Another complete fiasco was the Endcliffe park Mi Amigo memorial guy.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is the lovely John Birkhill who just gets on with what he does, yet deserves to have more recognition.

Edited by WarPig

44 minutes ago, WarPig said:

The Capt Tom thing started with a lovely man doing something really nice, but quickly got turned into something else. Another complete fiasco was the Endcliffe park Mi Amigo memorial guy.

On the opposite end of the spectrum is the lovely John Birkhill who just gets on with what he does, yet deserves to have more recognition.

Yes, I agree.

1 hour ago, WarPig said:

My bold.

There's talk that he may be fibbing about a few things right? 

21 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

My bold.

There's talk that he may be fibbing about a few things right? 

Well I think the Dan Walker either exaggerated or misunderstood the situation and ran with a story that was misleading, and I think that Tony Foulds just got carried away with it all and didn't know when to jump off. I don't doubt that he has helped look after the memorial, but maybe not for as many years as claimed, I think the council and other volunteer groups have always maintained it.

But it did I suppose bring the disaster back to the attention of Sheffielders, which is a good thing.

Edited by WarPig

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...