When Will The Roadworks At Saltersbrook Bridge (Woodhead) Be Finished ?

Chekhov

The roadworks at Saltersbrook bridge on the A328 Woodhead seems to have been going for years.....

My brother came over to see us from Manchester and said they were in a queue there for over an hour there. We have never had it that bad but I have no reason to disbelieve him.

This is ridiculous, that road, the main road from Sheffield and the M1 to Manchester should be a dual carriageway, not down to one lane !

Does anyone know when those roadworks will be finished, if ever ?

Edited by Chekhov

Thanks for that HHR, but it's  amore general question I am asking. They have been working on that soddin' bridge so long I am starting to wonder if it going to be permanently down to one lane ! If that the case, and if not, when are they hoping to complete their works ?

As an aside my sister in law thought the lights could have been faulty because the gap between cars stopping in the opposite direction and their light turning green was "ages". Obviously that is critical because that means for that period the road is actually blocked completely, no traffic flowing either way. So, far from having a dual carriageway i.e. 4 lanes total (which is what is arguably needed) the road is actually down less than one (on average).

14 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Are we calling Skegness a major city now?

Christ sake. Sheffield Forum has peaked.

To be fair there area  lot of cars that drive from Sheff to Skeggy, esp in the holiday season, and it really does need some more bypasses at an absolute minimum.  A bypass is particularly needed at Horncastle and to a lesser extent at Wragby. Also the sections of the Lincoln bypass that are single really need doubling, though the planned Eastern bypass might improve matters a bit.

Edited by Chekhov

16 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Are we calling Skegness a major city now?

Christ sake. Sheffield Forum has peaked.

The A57 runs from Liverpool to Lincoln but was designated originally as the Liverpool- Skegness Trunk Road, later the Lincoln to Skegness stretch was re-designated to A158.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chekhov said:

As an aside my sister in law thought the lights could have been faulty because the gap between cars stopping in the opposite direction and their light turning green was "ages". Obviously that is critical because that means for that period the road is actually blocked completely, no traffic flowing either way. So, far from having a dual carriageway i.e. 4 lanes total (which is what is arguably needed) the road is actually down less than one (on average).

The light timers are definitely off, we drove back to Sheff from Stockport yesterday around dinner time and had about a 40 minute delay due to the traffic. There was a huge delay between seeing cars stop at the lights on the oncoming side and the lights changing to green at the other side, didn't time it but it must have been over a minute. Luckily a few people were using their common sense and proceeding with caution through the red light when it was clear that the other end was on red and the road was clear of vehicles coming the other way.