When Will The Roadworks At Saltersbrook Bridge (Woodhead) Be Finished ?

Chekhov

As a person thst uses this road nearly everyday it has been nothing short but a total disaster! 

The bridge was under repair for months but hardly anyone worked on it, then there was an accident on it bcz it wasn't repaired properly due to the left side ( heading to man) on it holding surface water, so back came the lights with no workers for literally 3 -4 months, a few weeks ago the first sign of a worker was there that looked 25 stone and then came the scaffolding and here we are !!

Now I contacted NAT highways and they said ' not their department this one ' ' try the local council' - the problem is I don't even know what council this bridge belongs in as its right on the border between what seems like loads of boundaries!

So it's all a bit of a mess and more to the point, for a route that's so important it's a shocking service we have had! 

HGVs aren't helping with their constant weight and if they were restricted to using the M1/M62 I feel this would dramatically improve all hold ups/ air quality and repair works. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BonAccord said:

As a person thst uses this road nearly everyday it has been nothing short but a total disaster! 

The bridge was under repair for months but hardly anyone worked on it, then there was an accident on it bcz it wasn't repaired properly due to the left side ( heading to man) on it holding surface water, so back came the lights with no workers for literally 3 -4 months, a few weeks ago the first sign of a worker was there that looked 25 stone and then came the scaffolding and here we are !!

Now I contacted NAT highways and they said ' not their department this one ' ' try the local council' - the problem is I don't even know what council this bridge belongs in as its right on the border between what seems like loads of boundaries!

So it's all a bit of a mess and more to the point, for a route that's so important it's a shocking service we have had! 

HGVs aren't helping with their constant weight and if they were restricted to using the M1/M62 I feel this would dramatically improve all hold ups/ air quality and repair works. 

We really do get things like this so wrong in this country, I suppose someone somewhere will be making some money out of it.

17 hours ago, BonAccord said:

Odd that National Highways report they are dealing with repairs to the parapet of the bridge.

https://report.nationalhighways.co.uk/report/3892453

And look at this.

https://nationalhighways.co.uk/our-roads/yorkshire-and-north-east/southern-trans-pennine-improvements/

"We’re responsible for motorways and major A-roads including the A57, A616 and A628 between Manchester and Sheffield. "

Edited by Longcol