Sheffield Wednesday V Cambridge United

bassett one

I see that BBC LN totally ignored League 1 tonight and just showed the goals from the Championship and League 2, not even a mention of Wednesday or Barnsley.

9 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Another win …another clean sheet…& into the top two ….perfect start to the New Year ..

Pity the season isn’t decided by the end of December ….

Yes but Wednesday were third end of December lol

Edited by iansheff

I don't want to be a doom monger but if you were a chicken farmer you wouldn't count your chickens until the fox has been and gone

Too many owls fans are counting their chickens, the fox hasn't arrived yet

This is not a foregone conclusion 

Clubs that have extensive experience in this league like Barnsley could derail the owls ambitions

4 minutes ago, rogets said:

I don't want to be a doom monger but if you were a chicken farmer you wouldn't count your chickens until the fox has been and gone

Totally agree. And as a Blade, this is why I cannot yet get excited about our prospects.

Theres a long road to travel yet.

But, congrats to the owls for a very good result today. Can't argue with that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rogets said:

Clubs that have extensive experience in this league like Barnsley could derail the owls ambitions

Yours is one of them isn't it? 🤣

Two key players out in Bannan and Gregory but Vaulks and Wilks stepped in today and did a cracking job, the last two games we seem to have abandoned the passing across the back routine and got on the front foot straightaway and it's paid off, Windass fully paid his return to the side with a hat trick (his celebrations were very muted though). Good to be in 2nd place at last and I hope we can now stay there, a little break from the league will hopefully see some players return to fitness, although I'd like a cup run we can't risk anyone with big games on the horizon.

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

Yours is one of them isn't it? 🤣

Two key players out in Bannan and Gregory but Vaulks and Wilks stepped in today and did a cracking job, the last two games we seem to have abandoned the passing across the back routine and got on the front foot straightaway and it's paid off, Windass fully paid his return to the side with a hat trick (his celebrations were very muted though). Good to be in 2nd place at last and I hope we can now stay there, a little break from the league will hopefully see some players return to fitness, although I'd like a cup run we can't risk anyone with big games on the horizon.

Five nowt is five nowt ! Whether in World Cup or a school yard. Does any one think that Derby  and Bolton ( those two don't lose many) may be up there later ? And Ipswich and Plymouth have to come to S6. I think Portsmouth (unless they wake up), have blown it and despite  today, there's still Barnsley,

21 minutes ago, St Petre said:

Five nowt is five nowt ! Whether in World Cup or a school yard. Does any one think that Derby  and Bolton ( those two don't lose many) may be up there later ? And Ipswich and Plymouth have to come to S6. I think Portsmouth (unless they wake up), have blown it and despite  today, there's still Barnsley,

Ipswich have already been, it was a 2-2 draw. We’re away to them in February.

Portsmouth sacked their manager tonight.

Edited by Jim Hardie

6 hours ago, Alextopman said:

They win 5-0 and he's talking about Dem Blades.

I caught a bit with of Praise & Grumble, while having my tea tonight.  They win 5 - 0, apparently according to all the SWFC that called in, against a team that's the worst in the league & couldn't even put a full squad out due to injuries & their lot still weren't happy. 

The main talking point was, Windass apparently not celebrating any of his goals & when he was taken off, not smiling or clapping the Owls fans in appreciation.  Ah, did-drums.  Tears all round. 

Edited by Baron99