Sheffield Wednesday V Cambridge United

bassett one

5 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I caught a bit with of Praise & Grumble, while having my tea tonight.  They win 5 - 0, apparently according to all the SWFC that called in, against a team that's the worst in the league & couldn't even put a full squad out due to injuries & their lot still weren't happy. 

The main talking point was, Windass apparently not celebrating any of his goals & when he was taken off, not smiling or clapping the Owls fans in appreciation.  Ah, did-drums.  Tears all round. 

Yes I noticed Windass being mardy. To be fair not bothered, as long as he does his job that he is well paid for and bangs in a hat trick!

12 hours ago, iansheff said:

I see that BBC LN totally ignored League 1 tonight and just showed the goals from the Championship and League 2, not even a mention of Wednesday or Barnsley.

Yes but Wednesday were third end of December lol

I noticed look north ignored the result too.

9 hours ago, top4718 said:

Yours is one of them isn't it? 🤣

Two key players out in Bannan and Gregory but Vaulks and Wilks stepped in today and did a cracking job, the last two games we seem to have abandoned the passing across the back routine and got on the front foot straightaway and it's paid off, Windass fully paid his return to the side with a hat trick (his celebrations were very muted though). Good to be in 2nd place at last and I hope we can now stay there, a little break from the league will hopefully see some players return to fitness, although I'd like a cup run we can't risk anyone with big games on the horizon.

Good post Tops , Windass was either playing a game or is he after a move , He. could have just given the kop a wave  after his excellent display but walked away for some daft reason .