Forcast For Wednesday /United Now

bassett one

As Alextopman has already stated, promotion is the Blades to lose & you can bet you house on it, that the Blades will give it a good try to chuck it away. 

We've had an excellent few weeks playing the bottom sides but looking at what's coming up, especially from mid Feb to mid March, Middlesbrough; Millwall; Watford; Blackburn; Luton; Sunderland, we've basically got a run of 6 pointer games from which we'll need to take the majority of points to put further distance between the Blades & the other play-off contenders. 

Do that & the Blades should have a more relaxed run-in, barring injuries & suspensions. 

UTB & Happy New Year 🎉 

17 hours ago, top4718 said:

United fans can argue but the Championship is weak this season, United will go up.

Remember a couple of months ago top when you said that the Blades were in a “ false position” and were about to tumble down the table ? 
That’s why I’ll take your latest prediction with a pinch of salt 

Happy New Year one and all 

20 hours ago, cmonkes said:

2022 / 2023

1st Burnley 53pts

2nd Sheffield United 50pts

3rd Blackburn 39pts

4th Sunderland 37pts

5th Watford 37pts

6th Middlesboro 36pts

22nd Huddersfield 25pts

23rd Blackpool 25pts

24th Wigan 24pts

2021 / 2022

1st Fulham 51pts

2nd Bournemouth 49pts

3rd Blackburn 45pts

4th West Brom 41pts

5th QPR 39pts

6th Middlesboro 39pts

22nd Peterborough 21pts

23rd Barnsley 15pts

24th Derby 10pts

2020 / 2021 

1st Norwich 53pts

2nd Brentford 50pts

3rd Swansea 47pts

4th Watford 44pts

5th Reading 43pts

6th Bournemouth 42pts

22nd Sheffield Wednesday 22pts

23rd Derby 22pts

24th Wycombe 15pts

2019 / 2020

1st Leeds 51pts

2nd West Brom 51pts

3rd Fulham 42pts

4th West Brom 41pts

5th Brentford 40pts

6th Sheffield Wednesday 39pts

22nd Barnsley 21pts

23rd Luton 21pts

24th Wigan  8pts

2018 / 2019 

1st Leeds 51pts

2nd Norwich 48pts

3rd West Brom 46pts

4th Sheffield United 44pts

5th Middlesborough 42pts

6th Derby County 42pts

22nd Rotherham 22pts

23rd Reading 20pts

24th Ipswich 15pts

2017 / 2018

1st Wolves 58 pts

2nd Derby 48pts

3rd Bristol City 47pts

4th Cardiff 47pts

5th Leeds 42pts

6th Sheffield United 41pts

22nd Bolton 22pts

23rd Burton 21pts

24th Birmingham 20pts

2016 / 2017

1st Brighton 57pts

2nd Newcaslt 52pts

3rd Reading 49pts

4th Huddersfield 46pts

5th Leeds 45pts

6th Sheffield Wednesday 42pts

22nd Blackburn 24pts

23rd Wigan 19pts

24th Rotherham 13pts

2015 / 2016

1st Middlesborough 52pts

2nd Derby County 48pts

3rd Hull 47pts

4th Derby 44pts

5th Burnley 42pts

6th Ipswich 41pts

22nd Bristol City 21pts

23rd Charlton 20pts

24th Bolton 17pts

2014 / 2015

1st Bournemouth 48pts

2nd Derby 48pts

3rd Ipswich 47pts

4th Middlesborough 44pts

5th Brentford 43pts

6th Watford 41pts

22nd Millwall 22pts

23rd Wigan 20pts

24th Blackpool 17pts

2013 / 2014

1st Leicester City 53pts

2nd Burnley 50pts

3rd QPR 49pts

4th Derby County 44pts

5th Forest 41pts

6th Wigan 49pts

22nd Doncaster 21pts

23rd Barnsley 20pts

24th Yeovil 18pts

Therefore this seasons table at 25 games, with an average for this stage of the season over the last 10 years in brackets beside it.... Also our result against each of our top 6 rivals.

1st Burnley 53pts (52.7pts) W

2nd Sheffield United 50pts (49.4pts) 

3rd Blackburn 39pts (45.8pts) W

4th Sunderland 37pts (43.2pts) W

5th Watford 37pts (41.4pts) L

6th Middlesboro 36pts (41.2) D

22nd Huddersfield 25pts (22.2pts)

23rd Blackpool 25pts (20.5pts)

24th Wigan 24pts ( 15.7pts)

The top 2 totals are comparable to the last 10 years, which doesnt really reflect a poor runaway league.

However 3rd to 6th places are marginally down by a couple of wins. But counter this with the fact that draws are much higher than over the last ten years, which perhaps reflects a much more even playing field than the usual top half to bottom half divide.

The relegation placed teams are on higher points totals than average over the last 10 years as well.

Therefore I don't see it as any easier because the top 2 totals are on par with this stage every season... perhaps the competitive nature and lack of top and bottom divide, which is mainly down to an increase in draws is helping help us draw away at the minute. But even then, thay is down to our own ability to win games....

Or perhaps it’s just jealousy ? It has been known

Edited by Ridgewalk

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

Or perhaps it’s just jealousy ? It has been known

Tbf to tops me and a blades friend were saying the same sort of thing about the championship this season. Whatever anyone's opinion is of a particular league your team has to do their part to win promotion which the blades are so far and would take a major collapse for you to lose the auto spots now.

A big part will be how loyal Ndiya is to you. You'd think he'd see out the season with you at least but if he didn't he'd be a big miss.

10 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Tbf to tops me and a blades friend were saying the same sort of thing about the championship this season. Whatever anyone's opinion is of a particular league your team has to do their part to win promotion which the blades are so far and would take a major collapse for you to lose the auto spots now.

A big part will be how loyal Ndiya is to you. You'd think he'd see out the season with you at least but if he didn't he'd be a big miss.

I refer you to my previous message. I agree Ndiaye is exceptional but I don’t think he’s as vital to our success as much as Bannon appears to be for the Owls. 

I suppose it depends on how happy he is at the Lane and how cynical his agent is. 

Hopefully he’ll stay for at least the rest of the season. He’ll not be our only player coveted by other clubs. Several Premier League clubs were rumoured to be sniffing around RND before his injury. 

If our form continues we should be promoted early enough for the club to take stock of things for next season, and possibly to avoid a Forest type scenario where they signed a complete new squad with less time to prepare for the following season

45 minutes ago, Ridgewalk said:

I refer you to my previous message. I agree Ndiaye is exceptional but I don’t think he’s as vital to our success as much as Bannon appears to be for the Owls. 

I suppose it depends on how happy he is at the Lane and how cynical his agent is. 

Hopefully he’ll stay for at least the rest of the season. He’ll not be our only player coveted by other clubs. Several Premier League clubs were rumoured to be sniffing around RND before his injury. 

If our form continues we should be promoted early enough for the club to take stock of things for next season, and possibly to avoid a Forest type scenario where they signed a complete new squad with less time to prepare for the following season

I left Berge out aswell, if you lost him and Ndiaye it might cause problems.  I think Berge is the only one I'd say might leave though, hard to turn Liverpool down if they come calling. I do think your squad has enough now though to not let it slip regardless of Berge leaving.

On 30/12/2022 at 22:18, bassett one said:

i think mr chansiri will back darren if we go up,he will i believe be carefull,but if we are getting near by year 2 i think he will invest big

If DC and his bud were ever going to invest large sums theyd have done it in this division, where theres NO penalty for the amount you spend on players

3 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

I left Berge out aswell, if you lost him and Ndiaye it might cause problems.  I think Berge is the only one I'd say might leave though, hard to turn Liverpool down if they come calling. I do think your squad has enough now though to not let it slip regardless of Berge leaving.

We've won 8 out of our last 9 games Berg has started in two of them and been sub in 1.

He is an important part of our squad I would like to keep but it's not in the fans hands.

8 hours ago, Alextopman said:

We've won 8 out of our last 9 games Berg has started in two of them and been sub in 1.

He is an important part of our squad I would like to keep but it's not in the fans hands.

Fair enough, I don't particularly check every match squad but I did say even without those two you should have enough given the gap you've opened up.

23 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

United had a run of games a few months ago where they had 3 wins in 10 games, they're currently comfortable in 2nd place, Blackburn have lost 12 games and are in 3rd!!!! It's the weakest it's been for a good few years, credit to united though they're picking up the points and doing what they need to do.