Forcast For Wednesday /United Now

bassett one

7 hours ago, m williamson said:

I would could have retorted to that by saying that my favourite Premier League season was when you lot were relegated. However, as that was so long ago, last century in fact, I can't really remember that much about it. Also, my favourite Premier season is about us not your lot and between the first one when we scored the first ever goal in that league and the one when we finished ninth this century with Wilder in charge. Having your all time favourite season one that your team didn't compete in is a little strange, and goes to show who's obsessed with whom.

The majority of the squad that Wednesday had that were relegated in 2000 are now in their fifties and The Wednesday have been relegated to the third division three times since then.

In a way I have to admire the ability to ignore facts and cling on to delusions.

What about the facts stated in post #33...you clearly have the, convenient, ability to ignore those... 

1 hour ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

What about the facts stated in post #33...you clearly have the, convenient, ability to ignore those... 

I didn't need to ignore it. That post was answered and demolished by cmonkes pointing out facts to you.

The Premier League today is nothing like it was in the last century. Money always played a part but now money rules totally. There are clubs in the league that pay out more in transfer fees for a single player than some clubs pay for their squad. 

Nottingham Forest have spent over £140 million on their squad in the summer and are not exactly ripping it up, Man City spent £100 million on Grealish.

Clubs without billionaire owners can't compete.

The only way to even stay in with half a chance is to develop a strong academy. United had four ex academy players in the England squad that played in the European final at Wembley. The problem is trying to hang on to them with the lure of being made financially secure for life with a move and an agent whispering in their ear.

Unfortunately it's a different world since last time you played in the top flight. Times change, Preston North End were the first ' Invincibles ' look at them now.

10 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I didn't need to ignore it. That post was answered and demolished by cmonkes pointing out facts to you.

The Premier League today is nothing like it was in the last century. Money always played a part but now money rules totally. There are clubs in the league that pay out more in transfer fees for a single player than some clubs pay for their squad. 

Nottingham Forest have spent over £140 million on their squad in the summer and are not exactly ripping it up, Man City spent £100 million on Grealish.

Clubs without billionaire owners can't compete.

The only way to even stay in with half a chance is to develop a strong academy. United had four ex academy players in the England squad that played in the European final at Wembley. The problem is trying to hang on to them with the lure of being made financially secure for life with a move and an agent whispering in their ear.

Unfortunately it's a different world since last time you played in the top flight. Times change, Preston North End were the first ' Invincibles ' look at them now.

However fantastic the Premier League is these days ...or how much clubs spend...or how good your academy is....you can't get away from the fact that Wednesday have played  and won more games in the Premier League  than United ...despite not playing in it for almost 25 years.

Clearly,it makes absolutely no difference to where Wednesday are today...but dem's the facts.... no matter how anyone thinks they've "demolished" them ....

3 minutes ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

However fantastic the Premier League is these days ...or how much clubs spend...or how good your academy is....you can't get away from the fact that Wednesday have played  and won more games in the Premier League  than United ...despite not playing in it for almost 25 years.

Clearly,it makes absolutely no difference to where Wednesday are today...but dem's the facts.... no matter how anyone thinks they've "demolished" them ....

Who would have thought that the introduction of some straightforward facts would trigger Dem Blades into an essay writing competition.

Which did you prefer?

I thought that CMonkes was more passionate, but his grammar let him down somewhat. Whereas m williamson was more technically correct, but a bit uninspiring.

6/10 each, in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, sibon said:

Who would have thought that the introduction of some straightforward facts would trigger Dem Blades into an essay writing competition.

Which did you prefer?

I thought that CMonkes was more passionate, but his grammar let him down somewhat. Whereas m williamson was more technically correct, but a bit uninspiring.

Unfortunately, I can only award you a 4/10 in your effort to deflect from the fact that both posts hit the nail on the head and you are unable to respond adequately.

6 minutes ago, sibon said:

Which did you prefer?

It doesn't come as a surprise to be honest..!

Monkes loves to go on and on and on and you tend to lose interest half way through...2/10 for me ...

Williamson is a tad monotonous ..but just edges it..4/10...

🤣