Forcast For Wednesday /United Now

bassett one

13 hours ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

Its something i've heard from 3 different sources...and they all say the same thing....it could well turn out to be totally incorrect & nonsense.....who knows...& now you know as much as i do...

Tell him I've said it's going down the legal route and I can assure you it is.

22 hours ago, m williamson said:

Oh, we've had our moments 

When you interrupt the massivist club in the land in mid bounce it helps.

I've said for a long time this is your biggest game in four decades, beating Yorkshires most successful club, thanks for confirming 🤣

5 hours ago, top4718 said:

Tell him I've said it's going down the legal route and I can assure you it is.

I've said for a long time this is your biggest game in four decades, beating Yorkshires most successful club, thanks for confirming 🤣

Tell me yourself no need to treat him like a Gofer.

Is there a gagging order about this legal route?,

Oh no there can't be because you, Sherry Baby and three of his Pals know about it and have discussed it so not being able to validate your claim is nonsense.

I'm not even saying it isn't happening but you have shown nothing to prove it is.

Edited by Alextopman
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, m williamson said:

" Johny come lately " I see, not one of the in crowd, not in the clique. Never mind, I think I can cope with not being a member of such a superlative group of masterminds.

In my lifetime the Blades have won 22 derby matches to the Owls 14, so it isn't exactly a world shattering event is it?

If only United had not copied Sheffield’s original pro team , jumped on the bus , then Sheffield would have  a top team ,  A  fulll ground of fifty thousand every week .

Johny come lately cocked it up ,spoiled the party ,  imitation is the highest form of flattery int it  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

If only United had not copied Sheffield’s original pro team , jumped on the bus , then Sheffield would have  a top team ,  A  fulll ground of fifty thousand every week .

Johny come lately cocked it up ,spoiled the party ,  imitation is the highest form of flattery int it  

I hope we don't imitate any points deductions.

Edited by Alextopman

3 hours ago, cuttsie said:

The Wednesday chose to leave the City of Sheffield. That was their choice, no point in whining about it now.

Sheffield  decided to have a professional football club in addition to its two famous amateur clubs. Sheffield United the oldest club in the world to be named United was formed as the city's Professional club. The Wednesday didn't add the city name to its title until 1929 forty years after United were formed. By that time the city had increased its boundary and the part of south Barnsley that they had moved to had become a suburb of Sheffield.

And cuttsie, before you start with your usual nonsense about the Lane belonging to The Wednesday, it never did. They played at the Lane while their actual ground at Olive Grove was being built. They paid rent for the privilege. You know, in the same way that Spurs played at Wembley while White Hart Lane was being rebuilt. Does that make Wembley Spurs ground?

The first ever derby between the two clubs was played at The Wednesdays home ground Olive Grove, the return match was played at Uniteds home ground Bramall Lane.

The Blades are Sheffields one and only faithful professional football club. 

Sheffield United are the city of Sheffields home club, they play in the heart of the city and were formed as Sheffield. Not like those Johnny Come Latelys that left the city, returned through no action of their own and belatedly added the city name.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, m williamson said:

The Wednesday chose to leave the City of Sheffield. That was their choice, no point in whining about it now.

Sheffield  decided to have a professional football club in addition to its two famous amateur clubs. Sheffield United the oldest club in the world to be named United was formed as the city's Professional club. The Wednesday didn't add the city name to its title until 1929 forty years after United were formed. By that time the city had increased its boundary and the part of south Barnsley that they had moved to had become a suburb of Sheffield.

And cuttsie, before you start with your usual nonsense about the Lane belonging to The Wednesday, it never did. They played at the Lane while their actual ground at Olive Grove was being built. They paid rent for the privilege. You know, in the same way that Spurs played at Wembley while White Hart Lane was being rebuilt. Does that make Wembley Spurs ground?

The first ever derby between the two clubs was played at The Wednesdays home ground Olive Grove, the return match was played at Uniteds home ground Bramall Lane.

Sheffield United are the city of Sheffields home club, they play in the heart of the city and were formed as Sheffield. Not like those Johnny Come Latelys that left the city, returned through no action of their own and belatedly added the city name.

Good post common sense though so it won't get through.

53 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Have they paid for Bramall Lane  Sheffields original always paid up for their own ground no sponging  on n others  I miss Yorkshire cricket it’s a crime 

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Have they paid for Bramall Lane  Sheffields original always paid up for their own ground no sponging  on n others  I miss Yorkshire cricket it’s a crime 

Some people never learn. As a supporter of Sheffields third tier lesser club you really should avoid all mention of paying your way.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday-wages-points-deduction-20751880

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/aug/12/sheffield-wednesday-co-op-credit

George Bernard Shaw said " The English are not a very spiritual people, so they invented cricket to give them an idea of what eternity would be like. "

Have to say I tend to agree with him, I used to enjoy playing it when I was at school but lost interest afterwards.

Just now, m williamson said:

Some people never learn. As a supporter of Sheffields third tier lesser club you really should avoid all mention of paying your way.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday-wages-points-deduction-20751880

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/aug/12/sheffield-wednesday-co-op-credit

George Bernard Shaw said " The English are not a very spiritual people, so they invented cricket to give them an idea of what eternity would be like. "

Have to say I tend to agree with him, I used to enjoy playing it when I was at school but lost interest afterwards.

I always pay my way  but my pal worked int office at Lane and had to have help wi rent due to non liveable wage . Press mentioned it  , mean. While Owners and players were living in luxury . So if it’s banks I don’t care , if it’s poor people getting shafted then I do .