Central Technical School

PopT

Wasn't it Mr Frith who taught Geography and French in the middle fifties?

Popt

Hi PopT, I was at the Tec"h, 51 to53, (building dep"t). I thought it was Mr Firth ?, who taught Geography and French. Maybe the old grey matter is failing a bit now!!!!.

• 1 month later...

Hi Good to hear from you after all this time. Remember going to Blackpol to listen to your dad and Ted Heath? I remember you staying with us a while when your grandmother was ill! You were practising your trombone then - glad to hear you made a living out of your musical talent. My wife and I were in Australia Feb 2008 and Feb 2010 would have been good to have met up and reminisced. Hope you were not affected by the recent floods in your area. Regards Peter Chapman

hi Isnt it funny what you remember! I still know the names oif all those students but sometimes I forget the names of people I met yesterday. I went on to 5x, and 6x then joined the army as a musician in the Coldstream Guards band and a lifelong carreer in the music business working for The Walker Bros, Engelbert Humpadinck, Shirley Bassey, Little Richard, Lulu, Tom Jones and came to Australia in 1967 on a world tour with Roy Orbison. I loved OZ and decided to move here in 1971, been here ever since. What's your name --i must remember U Kind regards from Tony Gilbert

Hi Peter, Glad to see you have joined the thread,! Booked your ferry yet?.

Best wishes , Geoff.

Happy New Year to you and Marge! Yes of course we have booked. Will we see you at the same fruit stall? Peter

New at this game! Happy New Year to you and Marge. Yes we have booked. Will we see you at the same fruit stall? Peter

Been looking at travel arrangements for the past several weeks, all being well ?!!, WE WILL seeyou at the same fruit stall!! Whos turn for coffees?.

• 1 month later...

I went to the "Tech" from 1957 to 1960 and was in the Engineering Section. The teachers I remember were Don Woolhouse (Engineering Drawing) Pop Gregory (Chemistry), Don Freeman ( Mechanics) Groake? (Physics), Ken Waistnidge (Engineering Workshop Practice) Freddie Frow (Maths) Howell (Gym) and of course Herbert Wadge the Head.

Some of the lads I remember are Stewart Green, Mick Hobson, Graham Crapper, a lad called Treweek.

My memories are swimming at the King Ted pool and sports at the Ringinglow site that seemed like the coldest place on earth in Winter. The constant walking from one building to the other particularly Cathedral School on Queen Street where we used to have music from Dickie Dove. Singing in the choir at Norfolk Street in concert.

Love to hear from anybody?