Central Technical School

PopT

Now then children time for bed, I didn't start this post to start a muck throwing session.

Let's lighten up and reflkect on the good times we had at CTS.

No place or person is perfect and it doesn't improve or change anything after the fact after all it is now history.

PopT

Pop T your handle reminds me of Pop Gregory I remember him bringing his labrador to the sailing club at Underbank Reservoir I was in a dinghy with him and his dog jumped in and followed accross the reservoir and back. Years later I bought Pops gun from a dealer in Barnsley ( Pop was a very keen shot, think he shot clays for England in the commonwealth games...can anyone confirm this ), I still have it it's a Remmington 3200, 12 gauge.

Your reference to Pop Gregory reminds me of the day in the Chemistry Lab in Holly Street when Pop got fed up of the chatting that was going on in class.

He went into his store room and brought forth a shotgun and told us all that if he could hit a clay pidgeon he could easily spot boys who were talking at the back.

Can you imagine what would happen today if a teacher pulled such a stroke!!!

His favourite means of punishment was the bunsen burner pipe and lots of us got a taste of that!

Read this post and remember John Addenbrooke.

The class register was something like : Addenbrooke, Boddy, Brearlet, Birley, Carr, Clarke, Coopland, Dabill, Eaton, Fletcher, Fowler, Gill, Hartley, Hawksworth, Kozlowski, Lockwood, Lovell, Markham, Nispon, Subucki, sorry cant remember any more.

Some names to conjur with. Many a tell to tell, but probably not on this site.

Hi just seen my name in this class register and have been trying to put faces to names.Theakstones and wards do have a lot to answer for.Roy Stansfield is another name to add to the list.

Hi just seen my name in this class register and have been trying to put faces to names.Theakstones and wards do have a lot to answer for.Roy Stansfield is another name to add to the list.

I knew a Szpigniew Subucki and a Michael Fletcher (62-65). I think they were in 'Building', I was with the 'other mob' Does anyone remember: Paul Bailey, Gordon Carlisle, Richard Stojak and 'tough guy', Desmond Bulmer?

I knew a Szpigniew Subucki and a Michael Fletcher (62-65). I think they were in 'Building', I was with the 'other mob' Does anyone remember: Paul Bailey, Gordon Carlisle, Richard Stojak and 'tough guy', Desmond Bulmer?

They were in Building but left while in 3y I think.Cant remember either of them after 5Y,I was in 3y,5y and 6y

Edited by gbb1950

Iam doing this post on behalf of my dad ( David Johnson ) who went to the Tec School from August 1960 - September 1962.

He has asked that I write the following on some of the teachers.

Wadge Headmaster ( Drove an Austin in two tone blue)

Dep Head died in 1960, Thompson took over but didn't want the job as he was a chain smoker and had to sneek out of lessons every 10 mins , also took Mechanics

Sid Gibbons, Maths 1st years

Fairbrother , Housemaster / Tec Drawing / English

(Sally) Hughes ( A Bloke) / Choir Master / Mathes / English

(Buzz) Bee , Maths

Alf Simpson , R.E / Maths / English

Mr Groake ( Ugly bloke with glasses ) Married Miss Pross in 1961

Don Woolhouse , Tec Drawing

(Pop) Gregory , Chemisty

Mr Davies , Careers

Mr Baines, Metalwork

Mr King , English / French

Mr Parkin , Plumbing

Mr Harrington , Physics

Mr Stacey , Sawman

Mr McManus , Fitting

John Hunter , Rugby , General Teacher

Buddys/Classmates

David Sorsby, Roger Taylor (Tennis Player) Martin Dale , Stephen Dunkley, Trevor Todd

Other teacher to add to the list are mainly from the earky 1960's

Mr A Bun , English , RE

Mr Crisp (sam) Woodwork, Brickwork,Drawing

Mr Dixon (peter) Headmaster 65-66

Mr Dove History , Retired 1961

Mr L D L Fyfe

Mr Green English

Mr Howell PE

Mr Jarvis (ken) Carpentry and joinery

Mr J G Knight Economics

Mr Lee (pete) Geography

Mr Matson Geography

Mrs Matson Social Studies

Mr D Smith (dave) French

Mr G F Taylor Maths

Mr J L Thornton ( toffee ) Physics

Mr R Underwood (ron) English & French

Mr A Walker (andy) Maths

Mr Westnege (ken) Fitting

Mr Wigget (terry) Tec Drawing

Mr Headley (sam) Tec Drawing

Iam doing this post on behalf of my dad ( David Johnson ) who went to the Tec School from August 1960 - September 1962.

He has asked that I write the following on some of the teachers.

Wadge Headmaster ( Drove an Austin in two tone blue)

Dep Head died in 1960, Thompson took over but didn't want the job as he was a chain smoker and had to sneek out of lessons every 10 mins , also took Mechanics

Was your dad in the engineers or builders?

I don't think Hunter did rugby, but Bunn did.

Was your dad in the engineers or builders?

I don't think Hunter did rugby, but Bunn did.

My dad was in the engineers side , left in 1962 to work for British Steel at the river don works ( now forgemasters )