Central Technical School

PopT

• 4 weeks later...

my name is beeley starting in form 3.6 from 1967 to 1972 and I was an engineer in bessemer house.

we had a reunion 2 summers ago.....

the roll call went

beeley,bradshaw,braeley,colley,fidler,freeman,gillott,godbehere,greehan,hatfield,heath,hird,

kirk,marsden,maskrey,moseley,murphy,parramore,pinder,sargent,smith,thomas

Great school,great memories,much discipline and all necessary as I recall....

• 3 weeks later...
My uncle Graham Norton went there, I can't recall the years he attended but, he was born 1935 so it's unlikely anyone on here would remember him.

Unfortunately, he's no longer with us but, I can recall him talking about his time there. He went into the RAF to do his National Service after the "Tech".

I remember Graham, he was in my class, I remember he had red hair. Sorry to hear that he passed away.

• 1 month later...

Does anyone rememer Gregory making any films? I work for the Yorkshire Film Archive, and we have a collection of films he made during the war (educational and training), and some other promotional films, but also one from 1959 that is a mock 'stone age' film clearly involving students of about 15/16 yrs old (and possibly one from 1966 with teenage girls dressed in 18th century costume).

• 4 weeks later...

Mr Bee -Taught chemistry I think.

Students let me think: Badger,Sorley,Bennett, Antlcliffe,D Francis

An unknown boy brave enough to dye his hair blonde

Mr Wadge had a fit in assembly

I got expelled(asked to leave) .That took some doing from the cts-you had to really work at it.

Even though I think that I must have daydreamed through my CTS years (1960-1963),some teaching must have stuck as I ended up with a trade and full employment. Even Sally Hughes caned me!
. The Foundry Practice teacher was Mr Saul, and the teacher in the woodwork shop next to the foundry was Mr Williams = I think that he gave up with me and wood/ Robert Smith, Stephenson House

thanks for the data

I used to box there with a lad called Ray Antcliffe

He was so much better than I was .He could hit me whenever he liked but he was never where I thought he was.It was a good school and gave many of us a second chance.I still have my 2nd class diploma!-ldm30

• 4 weeks later...

Just watching Tom Brown's School Days and the only difference between CTS in the 60's and Rugby School in the 19th century is that the sadistic gits from CTS drove in using cars.:( Thank god for the passing of that dump and similar perverted establishments.:clap: