Hero Of The Year 2022

There is so many people who are worthy to be called hero

of the year.  For me Deborah James is one of them, Bowel Babe. She battled her cancer publicly to make people aware of bowel cancer and not to let embarrassment get in the way to seek medical help.

Edited by hauxwell
  • Like 2

Can I have 2? My boxing coach is one. He's improved me so much in 2022 and now I'm ready to fight again this year.

My Dad is the other one. He helps me every day takes me to college and the gym and is always there for me. He's very poorly right now so it's my turn to look after him ❤️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Thug Life said:

Can I have 2? My boxing coach is one. He's improved me so much in 2022 and now I'm ready to fight again this year.

My Dad is the other one. He helps me every day takes me to college and the gym and is always there for me. He's very poorly right now so it's my turn to look after him ❤️

Smashing post this is

On 01/01/2023 at 08:07, cuttsie said:

For me its Kevin Sinfield , His support of his mate Rob Burrows and his marathons to provide funds for sufferers of Motor neurone disease has brought me to tears thislast year .

I would agree but it's difficult to pick one hero when there are also a few other altruistic individuals doing their particular acts of kindness & money raising. 

Take the '3 Dads Walking' for their suicide awareness campaign, each having lost a daughter to suicide or former Royal Marine & triple amputee, Mark Ormrod  https://www.forces.net/services/royal-marines/triple-amputee-and-former-royal-marine-completes-new-world-record-attempt

All are inspiring. 

9 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I would agree but it's difficult to pick one hero when there are also a few other altruistic individuals doing their particular acts of kindness & money raising. 

Take the '3 Dads Walking' for their suicide awareness campaign, each having lost a daughter to suicide or former Royal Marine & triple amputee, Mark Ormrod  https://www.forces.net/services/royal-marines/triple-amputee-and-former-royal-marine-completes-new-world-record-attempt

All are inspiring. 

Yes they are , As are the thousands of home helps and carers.who on a daily basis give assistance to unwell and old people who are not related to them  this on a daily basis in all weather.

Some are volunteers some on crap wages . No one sees them , no one gives them medals , True heroes every one /

15 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Yes they are , As are the thousands of home helps and carers.who on a daily basis give assistance to unwell and old people who are not related to them  this on a daily basis in all weather.

Some are volunteers some on crap wages . No one sees them , no one gives them medals , True heroes every one /

Don't forget those that do it for free!

Used to be called the neighborhood community, or the family!

Where I live, it still is!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Thug Life said:

Thug Life  ......  can I just ask you,   is  ' The Daddy ' on here  your dad ?