Sheffield 15 Min Zone

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

The know it all's on here fall for it everytime, do they really think the Gov will introduce tough stringent measures straight away, of course not, they do what they've done here by making it look like it's for our benefit then slowly the exemptions are quietly dropped, the restrictions increase etc till they've got what they want. I'm amazed how people not only fall for it they think they're somehow superior by doing so.

Have you told Wednesday only fans ĺiving within 15 mins walk to the ground will be allowed.

Imagine the effect on crowds at Old Trafford!  

Or shopping at Meadowhall, thè Trafford Centre etc.

You need to let 'em know asap......

9 hours ago, top4718 said:

The know it all's on here fall for it everytime, do they really think the Gov will introduce tough stringent measures straight away, of course not, they do what they've done here by making it look like it's for our benefit then slowly the exemptions are quietly dropped, the restrictions increase etc till they've got what they want. I'm amazed how people not only fall for it they think they're somehow superior by doing so.

Agreed. We live in a time of lily livered, people pleasing, politicians chasing votes, even though unpopular policies have to be brought in. But when did you last hear a politician grasp the nettle fair and square and admit to it? Of course not. They will be brought in surreptitiously by the back door, hoping no one notices as always....  It is naive to think otherwise. 

Edited by Anna B

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

Agreed. We live in a time of lily livered, people pleasing, politicians chasing votes, even though unpopular policies have to be brought in. But when did you last hear a politician grasp the nettle fair and square and admit to it? Of course not. They will be brought in surreptitiously by the back door, hoping no one notices as always....  It is naive to think otherwise. 

I agree entirely.

I know of people who have been suckered in by Margaret Thatcher, Brexit and Jeremy Corbyn.

You just can’t trust some voters.

3 hours ago, Anna B said:

They will be brought in surreptitiously by the back door, hoping no one notices as always.... 

obviously, you'll be campaigning to rip-up the anti-freedom ring road, and re-direct traffic back through the city centre.

want to drive from Heeley to Hillsborough? - you'll have to go via Fargate and York Street.

Edited by ads36
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Anna B said:

And when It doesn't happen, you'll just find something else to get worked up about.

Apologies this might go on a bit but bear with me.

I have been trying to understand what it will actually mean. I have read most of the "waffle" in the link. It is waffle, it could be in better language and far less repetitive.

This plan does not just include Sheffield although we appear to be part of an initial trial.

I have found information from this source.

https://www.smarttransport.org.uk/insight-and-policy/latest-insight-and-policy/what-is-a-15-minute-neighbourhood#:~:text=The 15-minute neighbourhood serves,diverse%2C inclusive and economically vibrant.

This is a passage from that source.

"Transport is at its heart given the fundamental principles rely on active travel and good public transport to give residents access to all essential amenities without making long journeys by car.

Instead of sucking workers, shoppers and students into congested city centres, the 15-minute approach devolves the provision of day-to-day needs to a neighbourhood, so nobody needs to travel more than 15 minutes to earn a living, buy food, see a doctor and educate their children.

The aim is to create a dense interconnected mesh of self-sufficient urban villages or ‘complete communities’, reducing car use and, with it, the need for space to accommodate and park private cars, leaving more space for humans."

Reading that, there is no doubt that private cars are very much seen to be the enemy.

Public transport is at the heart. 

All reasonable requirements should be within a (non car) journey of 15 mins.

Looking at it from a real word aspect.

Few of us will work with a 15 minute non car journey so it will be public transport then to get to work. Public transport which the local authorities seemingly have little control over, other than to make charges to polluting forms of PT (public transport).

How many new doctors surgeries will be required for a 15 minute non car journey, not to mention schools, hospitals, libraries even pubs and restaurants.

this is my understanding of the subject, happy to be corrected.

It seems to want to take us back to a tribal way of living, with the conflict potentially associated with that.

I have tried to read the previous 16 pages so as not to repeat any previous points, but the bickering just put me off.