Sheffield 15 Min Zone

2 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

Will you admit you were wrong if it doesn't happen?

I won't be. Do you really think, really that this is being done for your benefit?

Do you think policies to restrict people would be brought in in one fell swoop and be massively unpopular or would they be bought in very slowly and tightened over a period of time (sometimes very quietly)?

How will net zero on carbon emissions be achieved if this is all that is going to happen?

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

"The Sheffield clean air zone will 100% be extended to include cars"

Thats another prediction from the wibble brains trust we get to look forward to proving or disproving.

Of course it will, not in one fell swoop but gradually, first it will be Euro 6 only, I'd expect that to be implemented in the next 24 months.

12 hours ago, Zinger549 said:

Will you admit you were wrong if it doesn't happen?

I would.  I don't mind being wrong but, the chance of that is about 1%.

I would ask the same question, how are they going to get to net zero then?

You have got to be a sand head to believe there is a solution otherwise.

All the known sand heads on here are already spouting so that's proof enough for me.

Confused.

This thread is about the 15 min zones that intend to make everything more localised, and offer an alternative to driving everywhere.

The LEZ is a restriction that allows traffic to enter an area, on payment of a fee or fine. This is only intended for commercial vehicles. Will that remain the case? personally I doubt it.  

It is inevitable that traffic will have to enter 15 minute zones, for dropping off, unloading of supplies etc. But the 15 min zones won't necessarily be inside the LEZ (but could be). If outside the LEZ and you decide to use your car with a 15 min zone, then you are liable to be hit with a fine for contravening a restriction of access, but you are not allowed to pay a fee upfront to allow access. The intention of 15 min zones, is to allow access and egress to the 15 min zone but not access through it, which suggests lots more one ways, no accesses etc to stop traffic flowing through. 

However you may, upon request be issued with a certain number of permits to allow you to override the 15 min zone restrictions.

Summat like?

1 hour ago, blackydog said:

Confused.

This thread is about the 15 min zones that intend to make everything more localised, and offer an alternative to driving everywhere.

The LEZ is a restriction that allows traffic to enter an area, on payment of a fee or fine. This is only intended for commercial vehicles. Will that remain the case? personally I doubt it.  

It is inevitable that traffic will have to enter 15 minute zones, for dropping off, unloading of supplies etc. But the 15 min zones won't necessarily be inside the LEZ (but could be). If outside the LEZ and you decide to use your car with a 15 min zone, then you are liable to be hit with a fine for contravening a restriction of access, but you are not allowed to pay a fee upfront to allow access. The intention of 15 min zones, is to allow access and egress to the 15 min zone but not access through it, which suggests lots more one ways, no accesses etc to stop traffic flowing through. 

However you may, upon request be issued with a certain number of permits to allow you to override the 15 min zone restrictions.

Summat like?

NOBODY IS CONFUSED!

Everybody is fed up of hearing that the  2  zones are different.

They are, at this moment but, they will not stay separate because there are to be further changes to come.

These further changes, however they start, will eventually spread wider , INTO EACH OTHER,  until finally, they cover ALL ROADS.

Net Zero is the end target and you will not reach that otherwise.

The denier's are talking about saving the foot when we are going to lose the leg.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

It will 100% happen, you heard it on here first.

Well, maybe Right Said Fred said it first, but that is being picky.

We knew that whilst you were still saying it wouldn't.