Sheffield 15 Min Zone

12 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Ignore him, he only pops on here after 10pm every night to spout this dribble, probably after a skinful.

I don't really drink that much so like you I spout my "dribble" (drivel) sober 🤣

12 hours ago, ads36 said:

Where on earth do you think this is happening?

Nowhere.................yet!!!

• Like 1

On 18/01/2023 at 21:52, top4718 said:

So your happy to pay to go to what's not within reach?

What if you use your quota of times you can leave you "15 min zone", will you be stopped?

If you allow people to have this sort of control believe me they'll use it.

You won't need either of those 👍

Indeed.

It will be a money making exercise,

and anything that makes them money, the council will love...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Anna B said:

Indeed.

It will be a money making exercise,

and anything that makes them money, the council will love...

Every council will be planning them. I've not contributed much to this thread because the people that can't see where this is going are just too dim to deal with. It's almost as though they a being deliberately naive. 

• Like 1

On 01/01/2023 at 18:34, HeHasRisen said:

Nor does it say its actually being implemented. Pretty sure the forum doom merchants will be along shortly to say it 100% will be.

apparently its a movement, anti 15 minute city groups, Paris was apparently becoming a 15 minute city

50 minutes ago, melthebell said:

apparently its a movement, anti 15 minute city groups, Paris was apparently becoming a 15 minute city

Well it can often take 15 minutes to do a couple of miles on the peripherique due to the sheer volume of traffic - bit like a smaller and busier M25.  How they'd limit the metro (paris underground) to 15 minutes is anybodies guess.

Not a big issue here in France - strikes all over the show today because the government want to raise the pension age from 62 to 64.

Edited by Longcol

4 hours ago, Longcol said:

Well it can often take 15 minutes to do a couple of miles on the peripherique due to the sheer volume of traffic - bit like a smaller and busier M25.  How they'd limit the metro (paris underground) to 15 minutes is anybodies guess.

Not a big issue here in France - strikes all over the show today because the government want to raise the pension age from 62 to 64.

I think ours is the oldest at 68, and also one of the lowest pensions. 

We're constantly being told we're 'the best in the world,' in just about everything.

We're not.

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 2

Why don't people use push bikes? 

. Ask yourself did I need to make this journey by car or could I have used my bike? 

I got stuck in a traffic jam yesterday, it took 1 hour to travel 2 miles.  I'm sure not everyone who was in that traffic jam needed to go by car, I'm sure many of those could have used a push bike. 

Something has to be done to stop unnecessary car journeys