Sheffield 15 Min Zone

If I was going to hazard a guess at the names who were going to agree with this garbage before reading this thread I think I'd have been at least 99% right, falling into exactly the trap the people who implement these things want them to. I explained exactly how this works earlier, sell it as something thats "good for everyone" then slowly increase the restrictions (sometimes announced on a platform that hardly anyone reads and implemented quietly), I saw a short documentary on how the exact same things are being implemented in Australia, funny how authorities want to bring in the same things thousands of miles away, it's almost like a higher power is dictating things.

Idiots who think they're superior will have us sleepwalking into this like the sheep they undoubtedly are.

I'll say again if you have two brain cells to rub together reject this draconian garbage with every fibre of your being.

I assume the people that are for this have given up their cars, use totally renewable energy and have taken the decision never to fly again, if not why not?

31 minutes ago, top4718 said:

If I was going to hazard a guess at the names who were going to agree with this garbage before reading this thread I think I'd have been at least 99% right, falling into exactly the trap the people who implement these things want them to. I explained exactly how this works earlier, sell it as something thats "good for everyone" then slowly increase the restrictions (sometimes announced on a platform that hardly anyone reads and implemented quietly), I saw a short documentary on how the exact same things are being implemented in Australia, funny how authorities want to bring in the same things thousands of miles away, it's almost like a higher power is dictating things.

Idiots who think they're superior will have us sleepwalking into this like the sheep they undoubtedly are.

I'll say again if you have two brain cells to rub together reject this draconian garbage with every fibre of your being.

I assume the people that are for this have given up their cars, use totally renewable energy and have taken the decision never to fly again, if not why not?

Hilarious stuff.

I have a stockpile of tinfoil, if you wish to start a milliners.

24 minutes ago, top4718 said:

If I was going to hazard a guess at the names who were going to agree with this garbage before reading this thread I think I'd have been at least 99% right, falling into exactly the trap the people who implement these things want them to. I explained exactly how this works earlier,

You haven't explained anything of substance.

Explain, for example, where it says people aren't able to move out of their neighbourhoods - or the government legislation that enables this - how people couldn't simply walk / drive / cycle / catch a bus / tram  etc between "zones".

6 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Explain, for example, where it says people aren't able to move out of their neighbourhoods - or the government legislation that enables this - how people couldn't simply walk / drive / cycle / catch a bus / tram  etc between "zones".

I thought the Covid thread had revealed the gullibilty of people today but this one's another level, the fact that people are actually defending these policies that hard line communist Russia would have been proud of is absolutely incredible, the fact that your one of them is no surprise.

16 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Nor have you.

He hasn't claimed any of that, so why are you propagating conspiracy theories.

You can't simply drive between zones, that's the point.

Edited by fools

2 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I thought the Covid thread had revealed the gullibilty of people today but this one's another level, the fact that people are actually defending these policies that hard line communist Russia would have been proud of is absolutely incredible, the fact that your one of them is no surprise.

What is your problem with the proposals?

Specifically.

13 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Who is "they"? 

That looks to be a totally independent article.

Anyway, who are these people taking all the bungs in brown envelopes? Name some names.

If Sheffield is to be a trial area, there is no doubt money will have changed hands.

These trials are expensive to set up and require resources. Councils most in need of money will undoubtedly be tempted by the funds available for this which will be forthcoming if they accept. As it is likely to be unpopular the money may be substantial in order to get councils to comply, and may well include a few sweeteners. Sheffield Council has long wanted to rid the city (centre in particular) of cars.

This is right up their street.

Edited by Anna B

7 hours ago, Anna B said:

If Sheffield is to be a trial area, there is no doubt money will have changed hands.

These trials are expensive to set up and require resources. Councils most in need of money will undoubtedly be tempted by the funds available for this which will be forthcoming if they accept. As it is likely to be unpopular the money may be substantial in order to get councils to comply, and may well include a few sweeteners. Sheffield Council has long wanted to rid the city (centre in particular) of cars.

This is right up their street.

No, thats a complete cop out.

Name names, please. 

Oh, and you still havent read the original link properly. Or the one provided yesterday. A trial for what, exactly? You are clearly confusing two totally different things and you are not prepared to admit it. Here it is again for you...

Screenshot-20230103-065845-Gallery.jpg

Edited by HeHasRisen

49 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Will this prove to you that something is afoot.

https://democracy.sheffield.gov.uk/mgAi.aspx?ID=25264

Please note particularly paragraphs  d)   f)  and   o)

That all looks pretty interesting. Surely encouraging local services, walking, cycling and use of public transport are all good things.

Maybe you should have a chat with a local councillor, rather than attempting to scaremonger on here. You could ask them how much the alleged backhanders are, and who got them.

Edited by sibon