Sheffield 15 Min Zone

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Don't decide for other people how they think.

YES, I will say that Planner 1 is wrong about this and   I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF KATIE HOPKINS.  I can think for myself, thank you.

I have read a document, which I will try to find again which shows, with photos, blocking street ends off and this being part of the Oxford scheme.

This being nothing whatsoever to do with bus gates.

People will be limited as to how many times a year they can cross from one zone to another.

If the people of Oxford want that, then fine.  I'm quite sure that the people of Sheffield will NOT want that.

Have a read of this article from the Oxford Gazette.

Extracts:

Six traffic filters (also sometimes referred to as bus gates) will be trialled in Oxford, with the aim of reducing traffic, making bus journeys faster and making walking and cycling safer.

The traffic filters are not physical barriers of any kind and will not be physical road closures. They are simply traffic cameras that can read number plates.

Oxford residents (and residents of some surrounding villages) will be able to apply for a permit to drive through the filters on up to 100 days a year. Residents living in the rest of Oxfordshire will be able to apply for a permit to drive through the filter up to 25 days a year.

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Its a good job they arent getting that then.

Yes, that confirms residents will get 100 free goes at driving through six bus gates. Sounds good to me tbh.

It does not mention Bus Gates

1 minute ago, dan_999uk said:

But that in no way restricts peoples ability to visit anywhere they want, simply the route they use to do so. 

And cause more pollution in long detours as happens in Sheffield City centre.

What's the point?

Just now, dan_999uk said:

So, a bus gate that HGVs can also use. 

Indeed, we have now entered the realm of pedantry. 

Just now, AndrewC said:

I heard that in the Oxford scheme that if you so much as look at a car your neck-tag explodes.

I heard that anyone who hasnt had the vaccine wont be allowed to use the bus gates at all, and this include bus drivers. Some weirdo nutjob on a Youtube video sed so.

4 minutes ago, dan_999uk said:

with the aim of reducing traffic, making bus journeys faster and making walking and cycling safer.

To enjoy breathing the air full of fumes from buses, HGV vehicles, taxis etc.

Brilliant thinking for a clean air effort. 

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Indeed, we have now entered the realm of pedantry. 

I heard that anyone who hasnt had the vaccine wont be allowed to use the bus gates at all, and this include bus drivers. Some weirdo nutjob on a Youtube video sed so.

Is it your non-ability to put up a reasoned argument that makes you turn into a child every now and again? 

Edited by Organgrinder

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

To enjoy breathing the air full of fumes from buses, HGV vehicles, taxis etc.

Brilliant thinking for a clean air effort. 

Is it your non-ability to put up a reasoned argument that makes you turn into a child every now and again? 

I suppose I am able to read documents properly and come to the correct conclusion, so thats something at least. How about you?

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I suppose I am able to read documents properly and come to the correct conclusion, so thats something at least. How about you?

Yes, I do it very very well and still manage to make the point that  This will increase pollution"

And did someone mention cycles?

I never saw that,  nor, vaccines & bus gates linked.

I've got things to do now. It looks like it's time you had a rest too.

Edited by Organgrinder

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

Yes, I do it very very well

Au contraire....

28 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

People will be limited as to how many times a year they can cross from one zone to another.

Chortle.

Edited by HeHasRisen