Sheffield 15 Min Zone

25 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Sheffield ISNT putting in 6 new bus filters allowing 100 free goes through them a year.

And that can only be a good thing surely.

i'd argue that Sheffield is already doing it - but without the free passes.

We have a ring road, it's *much* easier to use the ring road to get from one side of the city to the other, than trying to drive through the city centre - at least partly because a lot of the through-roads are filtered.

(and, if everyone tried to drive through, it would mean gridlock)

Oxford also has a ring road, but it's bigger than Sheffield's (5miles across vs 1). As a result,  people try and drive through the city centre - which hasn't been filtered yet.

A lot of people moan about these things, complaining that they're "anti-motorist". As a motorist, the last thing i want to do is drive through the city centre - please! - transport planners! keep my route as far away from the city centre as possible!

Edited by ads36

Just now, ads36 said:

i'd argue that Sheffield is already doing it - but without the free passes.

We have a ring road, it's *much* easier to use the ring road to get from one side of the city to the other, than trying to drive through the city centre - at least partly because a lot of the through-roads are filtered.

(and, if everyone tried to drive through, it would mean gridlock)

Oxford also has a ring road, but it's bigger than Sheffield's (5miles across vs 1). As a result,  people try and drive through the city centre - which hasn't been filtered yet.

Well yes, I was only talking about they arent putting 6 new ones in, in one go.

Any mention or reference to 15 minute zones is utterly irrelevent and erronious, no matter what Katie Hopkins spouts.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

In this case I certainly know more than Katie Hopkins.

Doubt it - she manages to succinctly explain the scheme in 90 seconds .. perhaps you prefer to sit through 90 minutes of council waffle about controlling the public to save Pakistan from flooding.

18 minutes ago, Longcol said:

There was a far more sensible thread regarding the realities of, and issues arising from, the Sheffield clean air zone here;

Well yes, this thread has started merely due to someone misinterpreting a council meeting, or not understanding what 15 min zones actually are.

Or a bit of both.

Edited by HeHasRisen

9 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well yes, this thread has started merely due to someone misinterpreting a council meeting, or not understanding what 15 min zones actually are.

Or a bit of both.

Any mention or reference to Clean air zones is utterly irrelevent and erronious

OOPS

12 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Or a bit of both.

Quite a decent explanation of "15 minute neighbourhoods here";

https://www.smarttransport.org.uk/insight-and-policy/latest-insight-and-policy/what-is-a-15-minute-neighbourhood

Appears to be linked to the "Build Back Better" strategy that HMG are (or were?) promoting.

Edited by Longcol