Sheffield Wednesday Fc V Newcastle

bassett one

Unexpected win tonight, the mags had the quality, but Wednesday countered with a stern defence and took their chances, Trippiers delivery caused us problems in a barnstorming last 20 minutes.

Windass is on a hot streak just now, looks a different player the last 2 games, but McGuiness will be a huge loss and tough to replace, hes got the lot and looks capable of playing easily at a higher level.

Whod have thought at 8pm Wednesday would bring the mags long undefeated run to an end.

I watched Chesterfield earlier in the day, very unlucky to get pegged back so late in the  game.

Pleased to see us put out a strong team as I didn't expect it, we started well and took the game to the Toon, they're obviously quality showed at times but the Owls stuck to the task, Dawson is really making that GK shirt his own currently, great work from Byers to turn the Newcastle defence for the first goal and a cracking finish from Windass for his second of the night (nearly got a third with a great free kick that hit the bar), Trippier coming on gave Newcastle a lifeline but some stout defending saw us through, a cracking night.

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

Cardiff.

They said before kick off it was his last game for you.

I think we are trying to buy him. But, I guess we might not be the only club interested 

6 hours ago, owl.66 said:

😀😀 ya must keep away from Dem Newky's, tooooo much tugging int pj's ,you have totally lost me🫠

Didn't we establish a bit back you were a funny little fella?  You amuse me little fella. 

Anyway,  while the rest or is werr out, hoped you kept the bedsit warm & enjoyed the tin of beans. 

Hoped you kept some beams back for breakfast.