Hospitals In Crisis

I'm also glad to hear about successes.  It's a revered institution which has got too big for it's own boots.  I mean it's become virtually unmanageable in the way it is administered and financed.  Yes, it's carved up into regions and run semi-independently in that way, but there is a lot of waste and dead wood being carried.  Those who have worked for the giant NHS establishment will know exactly what I mean about that!

Over many years,  I have witnessed the very good and the very bad in our hospitals and GP practices.  The list of what needs to change to improve the crisis is endless. It's up to those in Government to govern practically and turn it around!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tipstaff said:

I'm also glad to hear about successes.  It's a revered institution which has got too big for it's own boots.  I mean it's become virtually unmanageable in the way it is administered and financed.  Yes, it's carved up into regions and run semi-independently in that way, but there is a lot of waste and dead wood being carried.  Those who have worked for the giant NHS establishment will know exactly what I mean about that!

Over many years,  I have witnessed the very good and the very bad in our hospitals and GP practices.  The list of what needs to change to improve the crisis is endless. It's up to those in Government to govern practically and turn it around!

Waste is in both large and small organisations, you mention GP practices, surely they are very small when compared against national or even international organizations.

3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

Waste is in both large and small organisations, you mention GP practices, surely they are very small when compared against national or even international organizations.

Yes, I'm sure you're right.   But all GP practices are part of our NHS and most in my neck of the woods are failing miserably.

19 hours ago, Longcol said:

And you're still using new cases data from a time when there under 200,00 tests a day. You must be the only person who believed Johnson's claim the UK would have a world beating test track and trace sytem by 1 June 2020 when they carried out  a pitiful 71,000 tests.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/testing

Anyhow, let's stick to the covid thread eh?

I have answered your post here (on the Covid thread).

19 hours ago, Tipstaff said:

Yes, I'm sure you're right.   But all GP practices are part of our NHS and most in my neck of the woods are failing miserably.

So in your view, it's just one large organisation, that is underperforming?

GPs are private companies making a profit. The NHS also use private hospitals, do you think that they are part of the NHS too?

1 hour ago, El Cid said:

So in your view, it's just one large organisation, that is underperforming?

GPs are private companies making a profit. The NHS also use private hospitals, do you think that they are part of the NHS too?

Of course not.  As I said before, it's all got too big and unmanageable and is crying out for reform at every level.

On 07/01/2023 at 23:37, Tipstaff said:

GP's are private providers, working to an NHS contract. This is the same with the NHS Trusts (Acute hospitals, MH Trusts etc). 

11 hours ago, S35_2o21 said:

GP's are private providers, working to an NHS contract. This is the same with the NHS Trusts (Acute hospitals, MH Trusts etc). 

NHS trusts are not private companies making a profit. They are like academies, individual trusts or trusts formed into groups. Perhaps some, but a small number are profit making, but I don't believe so?

So the NHS is not one large organisation, but lots of smaller organisations working to the same agenda.

3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

NHS trusts are not private companies making a profit. They are like academies, individual trusts or trusts formed into groups. Perhaps some, but a small number are profit making, but I don't believe so?

So the NHS is not one large organisation, but lots of smaller organisations working to the same agenda.

"The NHS is a huge national  organisation comprising many large local organisations working to rules set by Central Government" is more accurate IMHO.

13 hours ago, Longcol said:

"The NHS is a huge national  organisation comprising many large local organisations working to rules set by Central Government" is more accurate IMHO.

Hospital trusts are run in a similar way to academy schools, does that make UK schools a huge national organisation?