The Guardian

26 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

How can you defend a mainstream newspaper for promoting an artist that sings about stabbings and sexual violence?

In the same way you can support any publication that reviews a film (for example) that shows stabbings and sexual violence...

...there is no difference here.

Just now, Magilla said:

In the same way you can support any publication that reviews a film (for example) that shows stabbings and sexual violence...

...there is no difference here.

So you think it's ok for them to be promoting someone who sings about headbutting women and making her face a mess?

Good grief.

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

So you think it's ok for them to be promoting someone who sings about headbutting women and making her face a mess?

Do you think it's ok for them to review a film that contains a scene where a woman is headbutted...

...or a book that contains violence, or racism as part of the narrative?

If they do, are they tacitly giving their approval, or just reviewing the work as a whole?

Good grief.

Indeed, get a grip! :loopy:

Edited by Magilla

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Good grief.

You need to visit the urban dictionary if you think that last line you quoted is referring to headbutting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, butlers said:

Complaining about words which you view as " violence" while you champion a guy in prison on human trafficking and maybe rape charges is a bit of a stretch 

If he is found guilty then he deserves all he gets.

I used Tate as an example.   

The hypocrisy is absolutely astounding but predictable.

What would your reaction be, or for that matter, The Guardians reaction if Tate was talking about headbutting a woman to make her face a mess?

Do you think the Guardian would promote him?

2 minutes ago, altus said:

You need to visit the urban dictionary if you think that last line you quoted is referring to headbutting.

What does it mean then?

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

What does it mean then?

I specifically said visit the urban dictionary so you don't accuse me of making something up. Just put "urban dictionary nut" into your favourite search engine.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, altus said:

Glad you jumped on this one Alt - I've been tiptoeing around how to highlight the subtle difference in meaning

• Haha 1

LOL

and i thought in these "woke" times it was only "lefties" that got offended by every little thing

except when the newspaper is of the left, and the "offender" is black it would seem

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

I've not seen the article or heard of the singer.... If  I get chance I'll have a read.

Me neither but it seems Al is very avidly promoting him

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, altus said:

I specifically said visit the urban dictionary so you don't accuse me of making something up. Just put "urban dictionary nut" into your favourite search engine.

Oh my...

Thank goodness for that.

And here's me thinking he was being degrading to women.

Phew.

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

LOL

and i thought in these "woke" times it was only "lefties" that got offended by every little thing

except when the newspaper is of the left, and the "offender" is black it would seem

Me neither but it seems Al is very avidly promoting him

Offended by a national newspaper promoting someone who glorifies sexual assault and stabbings?

Yeah, I think it's terrible.

It's rather sad how many are not bothered by it.

Heyho.