The Guardian

Just now, Palomar said:

I think Ted has ruined his reputation as a serious contributor by starting this barrel scraper.

Truth hurts sometimes.

Luckily some of us are not too scared to stick our heads out of the barrel and say what others think but are too scared to say.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Luckily some of us are not too scared to stick our heads out of the barrel and say what others think but are too scared to say.

My hero 😍😍😍

18 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Good post.

I've nothing against this particular kind of music, each to their own, my debate is whether it should be promoted in a national newspaper, especially one that loves shouting from the rooftops about equality, any kind of sexual violence against women and the latest buzzword misogyny.

Yet they have no issue giving airtime to artists that blatantly glorify it.

It smacks of hypocrisy and political narrative.

On the contrary.

What's pathetic is your defence of a publication that's giving airtime to artists that glorify violence and sexual abuse.

Incredible really.

Thing is, to correctly accuse The Guardian of hiphoprisy (sorry), you'd first have to a) understand the lyrics properly, b) research whether Clavish is condoning anything dodgy or merely narrating, c) establish that The Guardian is in support of any condoning on his part. So far it looks like you got 0 out of 3, which as makapaka points out just makes you look like a simp for Tate who feels compelled to search around for something to shout "but what about THIS?" at.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Truth hurts sometimes.

Sometimes it's as well to know what these people are really like,  I wonder if the 'powers that be' are keeping an eye on him and others who use verse to disparage women.

No doubt all of you defending this would be absolutely delighted if your teenage kids would be listening to this dreadful music glorifying violence and sexual abuse.

No wonder there is so much violence on the streets.

Sad times.

3 minutes ago, cressida said:

Sometimes it's as well to know what these people are really like,  I wonder if the 'powers that be' are keeping an eye on him and others who use verse to disparage women.

Not at the guardian, they are actively promoting it.

No suprise though, I mean it's the same rag that gave airtime to that vile professor who wished the Queen die an excruciating death.

Edited by Al Bundy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

No doubt all of you defending this would be absolutely delighted if your teenage kids would be listening to this dreadful music glorifying violence and sexual abuse.

No wonder there is so much violence on the streets.

They're not allowed any music in Afghanistan. That's why it's so safe for women.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cressida said:

That's as well as maybe,  personally  (imo) the more they 'out' themselves in that way the safer we could be in that perhaps they become 'persons of interest'.

You mean like Tom Jones with "Delilah"?

• Thanks 1

I saw the light on the night that I passed by her window
I saw the flickering shadows of love on her blind
She was my woman
As she deceived me, I watched and went out of my mind
My, my, my, Delilah
Why, why, why, Delilah
I could see, that girl was no good for me
But I was lost like a slave that no man could free
At break of day when that man drove away, I was waiting
I crossed the street to her house and she opened the door