The Guardian

I've used Tate as an example because he is a prominent figure that the guardian are constantly chastising, that's fair enough, it's their right to do whatever they want.

Then I scroll down to see them promoting someone who is saying similar vulgar and horrific words they are denouncing Tate for saying.

You say Clavish is work of fiction embodied in lyrics..... So why is that different to Tate?  He is only talking about stuff similar to Clavish?   How do you know it's not just a big act, fiction embodied into lyrics...

What's the difference?

And regards to your attempts to paint me as a racist.... It's just the last throw of the dice when you're out of other points of view.

It's predictable as it is painful.

Edited by Al Bundy

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Link?

I've never said I don't find his views upsetting, have I?

You said this about Tate:

On 21/12/2022 at 08:15, Al Bundy said:

He is very intense and I would think he would be rather high maintenance and brash.

However he is  bang on the money, folk just refuse to accept it because they know most of what he says is right.

They will just throw in that well worn trope of Misogyny in there.   

Which suggests that you agree with him. 

Whether that means that you also have upsetting views, is something that I’ll leave you to ponder.

Edited by sibon

10 minutes ago, sibon said:

You said this about Tate:

Which suggests that you agree with him. 

Whether that means that you also have upsetting views, is something that I’ll leave you to ponder.

It suggests exactly what I said.

Most, not ALL of what he says is bang on the money. I am guessing that's why his podcasts are so popular around the world.

He must be saying stuff that millions upon millions resonate with I guess. I do however believe a lot of the more outrageous comments he comes out with are purely for the attention, maybe fictional words embroiled into lyrics if you will.

Like I initially said, I find him brash and I've no doubt he would be high maintenance.

4 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I've used Tate as an example because he is a prominent figure that the guardian are constantly chastising, that's fair enough, it's their right to do whatever they want.

Then I scroll down to see them promoting someone who is saying similar vulgar and horrific words they are denouncing Tate for saying.

One is work of fiction, the other is a description of what they would do.

You say Clavish is work of fiction embodied in lyrics..... So why is that different to Tate? He is only talking about stuff similar to Clavish? 

Similar is not the same! :? 

So... you offered the lamest of possible excuses for Tate, to highlight inconsistencies in the media...

...is that what you're trying to spin now? :hihi:

How do you know it's not just a big act, fiction embodied into lyrics...

I might have done... had there not been a 6 month undercover investigation, leading to a raid on his home, his arrest and confiscation of his property... for doing way more than that! :loopy:

Weird how you're utterly convinced that's not the case for Clavish though... I wonder why? :roll:

What's the difference?

What's the difference between saying you "saw someone beat up a women", or "sometimes women get beaten up"... and saying "you would (or did) beat up a women"...

...according to you, nothing... they are all the same thing! :loopy:

And regards to your attempts to paint me as a racist.... It's just the last throw of the dice when you're out of other points of view.

You're literally here, whining the Guardian isn't highlighting race in any given piece... and claiming that's racist! :loopy:

I mean, you really don't need any effort from me! :hihi:

I'm still trying to understand why when, according to you, two people do the same thing... you're at the extremes of excusing one, and condemning the other...

...and desperately ignoring any context to do so?

I have to wonder what's different between the two. :suspect:

It's predictable as it is painful.

In the same way someone who's full of stereotypical epithets looks bemused and proclaims "I'm not racist" when they get pulled up about it? :roll:

For the record, I have no idea, or care whether you're racist or not, just pointing out that if you're not... your posts sure are doing a great impression! :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

It suggests exactly what I said.

Most, not ALL of what he says is bang on the money. I am guessing that's why his podcasts are so popular around the world.

He must be saying stuff that millions upon millions resonate with I guess. I do however believe a lot of the more outrageous comments he comes out with are purely for the attention, maybe fictional words embroiled into lyrics if you will.

Like I initially said, I find him brash and I've no doubt he would be high maintenance.

Lots of lovely words there, but you seemed to have squirmed out of the central point of my post.

On the one hand, you seem to be agreeing with Tate and his views. On the other, you seem to be saying that his views are disturbing.

Join those dots.

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

Lots of lovely words there, but you seemed to have squirmed out of the central point of my post.

On the one hand, you seem to be agreeing with Tate and his views. On the other, you seem to be saying that his views are disturbing.

Join those dots.

Is it not possible to agree with someone's views and disagree with others they may have?

Just now, Al Bundy said:

Is it not possible to agree with someone's views and disagree with others they may have?

You said that you thought that most of his views were right.

45 minutes ago, sibon said:

Join those dots.

Join three "seems to's" ?

A dangerous way to form an opinion.

Isn't that what Annie's conspiracy theorists do?  :)

Edited by trastrick

6 minutes ago, Magilla said:

One is work of fiction, the other is a description of what they would do.

Similar is not the same! :? 

So... you offered the lamest of possible excuses for Tate, to highlight inconsistencies in the media...

...is that what you're trying to spin now? :hihi:

I might have done... had there not been a 6 month undercover investigation, leading to a raid on his home, his arrest and confiscation of his property... for doing way more than that! :loopy:

Weird how you're utterly convinced that's not the case for Clavish though... I wonder why? :roll:

What's the difference between saying you "saw someone beat up a women", or "sometimes women get beaten up"... and saying "you would (or did) beat up a women"...

...according to you, nothing... they are all the same thing! :loopy:

You're literally here, whining the Guardian isn't highlighting race in any given piece... and claiming that's racist! :loopy:

I mean, you really don't need any effort from me! :hihi:

I'm still trying to understand why when, according to you, two people do the same thing... you're at the extremes of excusing one, and condemning the other...

...and desperately ignoring any context to do so?

I have to wonder what's different between the two. :suspect:

In the same way someone who's full of stereotypical epithets looks bemused and proclaims "I'm not racist" when they get pulled up about it? :roll:

For the record, I have no idea, or care whether you're racist or not, just pointing out that if you're not... your posts sure are doing a great impression! :thumbsup:

Quite a lot to dissect there but thanks for the reply.

In a nutshell my point is the hypocrisy of the Guardian.

I stand by that wholeheartedly.

2 minutes ago, sibon said:

You said that you thought that most of his views were right.

And?

4 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Join two "seems to" ?

A dangerous way to form an opinion.

Isn't that what Annie's conspiracy theorists do?  :)

It’s probably best if you read all of the relevant posts before commenting.

It might avoid you posting something embarrassing.