The Guardian

Just now, sibon said:

Obviously you didn’t.

Ah well, you carry on looking silly then.

If being bothered about blatant racism, equality and xenophobia makes me look silly then I am totally fine with that.

What is more alarming is that you're focus is on me rather than the point in fact.

Each to their own.

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

If being bothered about blatant racism, equality and xenophobia makes me look silly then I am totally fine with that.

If you were doing that, I’d be right there with you.

Instead, you seem to be indulging in your own private culture war with a paper that you consider to be “left wing”.

Carry on if you like, but it  looks a bit silly from over here.

3 minutes ago, cressida said:

Good Moaning

He’s not even very good at it.

Checkers is really good at moaning. Perhaps Al Bricky could learn from him.

Edited by sibon

15 minutes ago, sibon said:

If you were doing that, I’d be right there with you.

Instead, you seem to be indulging in your own private culture war with a paper that you consider to be “left wing”.

Carry on if you like, but it  looks a bit silly from over here.

Ok...let's be serious here for a minute...

Read this article and then ask me these questions....

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/27/rioters-torch-a-car-in-brussels-after-world-cup-defeat-to-morocco

1, After reading that article, and especially the first paragraph, would you think that Belgium folk had been rioting or Moroccan?

2, Do you think if England had beaten Belgium and England fans had been caught on camera rioting in Belgium the headline would read....

" Rioters torch car in Brussels after Belgium's world cup defeat to England?

Now we both know the answer, so explain to me why not.

It's blatant racism and xenophobia.

Do you think if a shaven headed middle aged white man with an England top on had started attacking folk at a french train station the Guardian would say " folk slightly injured"?

The Guardian and it's readers love to proclaim it's the bastion of equality, the publication for anti-racism and truth.

It's nothing of the kind.

It's a disgrace, and the fact that folk actually try to defend it is even worse.

Edited by Al Bundy

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

And then you follow up with a load of non serious stuff.

The article you quoted is factual. Everything else is just a product of your “overactive “ imagination.

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

Aye, ok.

It is ok.

You might need to refine your argument before you use it again.

Insisting that the Guardian incorporates race into reports, in order to avoid being racist, isn’t the most logically consistent argument I’ve ever encountered.

1 minute ago, sibon said:

It is ok.

You might need to refine your argument before you use it again.

Insisting that the Guardian incorporates race into reports, in order to avoid being racist, isn’t the most logically consistent argument I’ve ever encountered.

Care to answer the questions I asked?

15 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Read this article and then ask me these questions....

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/27/rioters-torch-a-car-in-brussels-after-world-cup-defeat-to-morocco

1, After reading that article, and especially the first paragraph, would you think that Belgium folk had been rioting or Moroccan?

2, Do you think if England had beaten Belgium and England fans had been caught on camera rioting in Belgium the headline would read....

" Rioters torch car in Brussels after Belgium's world cup defeat to England?

Now we both know the answer, so explain to me why not.

It's blatant racism and xenophobia.

Do you think if a shaven headed middle aged white man with an England top on had started attacking folk at a french train station the Guardian would say " folk slightly injured"?

The Guardian and it's readers love to proclaim it's the bastion of equality, the publication for anti-racism and truth.

It's nothing of the kind.

It's a disgrace, and the fact that folk actually try to defend it is even worse.

Don't read it then.

You don't think they will stop printing it because you don't like it.

You are paranoid at anything you consider is left wing.

Just don't read it!