Children In McDonalds.

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Surely that depends how many of you there are. One person, fair enough. Two people...hmm. 

Any more than two and it certainly wouldnt be any cheaper imo, especially when you whack drinks in.

No idea how much it is up there now.

Yeah, not sure what it is now, I guess its about 6 or 7 quid, not been for a few year, it was a good evening out and I suppose the drinks add up like you say but it's more about relaxing in a pub atmosphere rather than slaving away at home, and you don't have to wash the pots, win- win situation for me 

4 minutes ago, Cody's Granddad said:

Yeah, not sure what it is now, I guess its about 6 or 7 quid, not been for a few year, it was a good evening out and I suppose the drinks add up like you say but it's more about relaxing in a pub atmosphere rather than slaving away at home, and you don't have to wash the pots, win- win situation for me 

I agree. Why shouldn’t the parents take their children for a treat ? I’m sure the mothers do plenty of cooking at home at other times.

• Haha 1

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

They cant plead every day though

Maybe it’s not the same people in there everyday? Just a thought …..

2 hours ago, AndrewC said:

In Oxford, you can only go in McDonalds 10 times a year.

I think that only apples to Visitors. Residents can apply for an Authorised Residential Sustenance  Exemption which costs ten pounds for the year.

I'm not sure what the penalty is for showing an expired  Authorised Residential Sustenance  Exemption when challenged by a Council Official.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Many schools didnt go back until today.

In any case, why is it any of our business where parents choose to take their children for food? What I would say is that it clearly proves not everyone is being affected by this so-called "cost of living crisis", its much cheaper (and healthier) to cook at home.

Must agree with you there.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HumbleNarrator said:

There was a time when McDonalds was FOR children; now they're trying to be more sophisticated and trendy and pull  the Starbucks crowd in.

c9e365bf1c2edace41546e8566f09583.jpg

Was it?    Looking back at its roots, it was and very much is still just a burger restaurant.  It's not exclusively for children. Nor even heavily marketed for children.  It's original foundings were on developing a unique, quick service food operation with a low price point suited to its blue collar community. Even now a vast amount of their annual turnover is generated from drive through sales which are certainly not children.  Even more of its vast revenue flowing into the McDonald's Corporation is bizarrely from its real estate assets and franchising contracts which again are very much not children.

Just because it provides one or two items on its menu and some of its restaurants have play centres and toys is nothing more than very good business ploy. However, that doesn't automatically translate to the entire business model is being written off as simply "for children".    

I will place a strong bet that the company makes far more money from selling Big Macs to adults than it does happy meals for kids. It will make even more money on the rental income and lease agreements over properties from their Franchisees.

Edited by ECCOnoob