While Millions Are Short Of Food And Water ,

6 minutes ago, geared said:

I'd imagine even Geldoff has got fed up with it all.

1985 fighting in Ethiopia leads to a large famine, huge numbers of deaths.

2022, they're at it again.

In 1938 Hitler invaded Poland ,Russia was his allie , 

In  2022  it has happened again. this time another dictator invades a European neighbour.

The religious leaders once again stand by and pray for their heroes .

17 hours ago, trastrick said:

And the other true believers who believe the “Planet is dying in 5, 10, or 20 years, unless you ante up  $trlllions to let them “fix it”.

(Not to mention those that believe Trump is the most corrupt politician ever, including the Biden and Clinton families!  :) )

This is not about your favourite subjects regarding climate change and American right wing presidents.

This is about an extremely rich church, paying lip service , but otherwise ignoring the poor, starving and thirsty.

Despite their claims, this is what all the rich countries do too.

Even the foreign aid programs are used as levers and tools to further the aims of rich countries.

Well done Cuttsie. It's nice to see that someone still cares about those at the top displaying their wealth and GREED

whilst others suffer and must spend their whole miserable lives with no hope of any improvement.

12 minutes ago, cressida said:

Someone give him a nudge please

I would do but he isn't home, maybe he is at his place in London or still trying to find some refugees that he offered to house into his Kent mansion back in 2015.

Made fools of millions he did.

16 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

This is not about your favourite subjects regarding climate change and American right wing presidents.

This is about an extremely rich church, paying lip service , but otherwise ignoring the poor, starving and thirsty.

Even the foreign aid programs are used as levers and tools to further the aims of rich countries.

Well done Cuttsie. It's nice to see that someone still cares about those at the top displaying their wealth and GREED

whilst others suffer and must spend their whole miserable lives with no hope of any improvement.

It's about the gullible poor being manipulated by politicians and religious nuts,  all over the World and their cheering followers.

But I could be wrong!  :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, geared said:

I'd imagine even Geldoff has got fed up with it all.

1985 fighting in Ethiopia leads to a large famine, huge numbers of deaths.

2022, they're at it again.

When resources are scarce, people will fight over them.

It's a question of survival and desperate people.

We would be exactly the same in their position.

5 minutes ago, Anna B said:

Very true and, unless we all come up with some real answers, we WILL be the same and we WILL be in a similar position.

49 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Thanks for your kind words , The millionaires  and billionaires , Rich Countries  and Religious. Cults among us need to take a good look at themselves , The Times may be changing as Africa ,South America and parts of Asia wake up to the inequality around the World . 

28 minutes ago, Anna B said:

It's not scarcity of resources though, it's the same political tensions in the Tigray region.

It caused fighting in the 80's and it's cased the fighting today.

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

In 1938 Hitler invaded Poland ,Russia was his allie , 

In  2022  it has happened again. this time another dictator invades a European neighbour.

The religious leaders once again stand by and pray for their heroes .

I believe I heard on the news that the main Orthodox religious leader in Russia has become fantastically wealthy thanks to Putin.

So I can imagine he's praying very hard for his dictator right now.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cuttsie said:

An old. Man in Rome is buried among the most extravagant wealth imaginable, 

He is a saint the masses declare ,  The crowds are kneeling and w howailing to their God to greet the old man into heaven a heaven that has been invented by the very grandier surrounding the scene in this centre of extravaganza overlooking the spectacle.

Mean while in parts of. Africa, Asia , India , among other. So called third World Countries people some of them who have been indoctrinated into this World of wealth are dieing through lack of the very basics needed to a basic life where food and a clean water supply are absent, 

In Europe we have a War among us once again , The leaders of the main religious fraternity in those Countries pray for victory ,asking their Gods for help in killing of each of the protagonists.

Some thing just does not weigh up among all the Splendour and gun fire .

Like you Cuttsie there's a lot I abhor about the inequalities in life and how human beings can, at times be so cruel to each other.

Despite the Catholic Church's obvious wealth they do provide a lot of support worldwide to less  fortunate folks than ourselves via

CAFOD.

Also, having visited Rome several times I do appreciate the fine architecture and cultural artefacts on display which that wealth has provided, unlike the Philistines of this world who like to destroy it.

echo.