House Of Represntatives

1 hour ago, Palomar said:

Can we have a special section in I'm Bored for all the dull American-centric threads please.

Lol

What a weird lot!

i don’t start these Trump, Biden and U.S. Congress threads!

Sorry to interfere with your group circle jerk!

lol

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Palomar said:

Alex Jones, Andrew Tate, Donald Trump, Justin Timberlake, trastrick et al - what a set of no-marks.  Mods please see to it...

What are you expecting the mods to do?

20 hours ago, butlers said:

Deffo Timberlake is the odd one out.

I'm not so sure. Have you heard his 'singing'?

On 06/01/2023 at 17:46, trastrick said:

It's a little messy, no doubt.

And shocking for those who are so used to "nod and wink" politics. Imagine actually voting!  :)

But that's democracy!

No  lockstep Coronations, by the cadre of Party apparatichik puppeteers in the back room!

Like the election in 2020 - but Trump and a large proportion of the GOP seem to think it's only democracy when they win.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

Like the election in 2020 - but Trump and a large proportion of the GOP seem to think it's only democracy when they win.

If you really looked at the Democrat responses to all elections since 2000, I doubt a rational mind could come to that conclusion.

The Dems took the 2000 election to the Supreme Court, and the current lot are still convinced that Trump was not a legitimate President!

Here's Hillary, before the 2020 election:

Hillary Clinton says Biden should not concede the election ...

https://www.nbcnews.com › politics › 2020-election › h...

Aug 26, 2020 — Hillary Clinton said in a new interview that Joe Biden should not concede the 2020 presidential election “under any circumstances," 

Hillary Clinton: Biden 'should not concede under any  circumstances.

https://thehill.com › homenews › media › 513527-hillar...

Aug 25, 2020 — Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in a new interview that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden “should not concede under any circumstances"

:)

Edited by trastrick

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

If you really looked at the Democrat responses to all elections since 2000, I doubt a rational mind could come to that conclusion.

They accepted the result... in every one! :?

The Dems took the 2000 election to the Supreme Court

Gore officially conceded on December 13 and stated in a televised address, “While I strongly disagree with the Court’s decision, I accept it.” :?

When can we expect Trumps acknowledgement that he lost? :roll:

and the current lot are still convinced that Trump was not a legitimate President!

Ridiculous nonsense, a crappy, incompetent and lazy one... sure, but otherwise just made up guff.

Here's Hillary, before the 2020 election:

Hillary Clinton says Biden should not concede the election ...

https://www.nbcnews.com › politics › 2020-election › h...

Aug 26, 2020 — Hillary Clinton said in a new interview that Joe Biden should not concede the 2020 presidential election “under any circumstances," 

Hillary Clinton: Biden 'should not concede under any  circumstances.

https://thehill.com › homenews › media › 513527-hillar...

Aug 25, 2020 — Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said in a new interview that Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden “should not concede under any circumstances"

As is made clear in your links... "in a close race", not after the result is verified! :loopy:

Sadly the issue here is, as usual, your complete failure to parse the written word and understand it's meaning! :thumbsup:

Your claims are a false equivalence, that fall at the first hurdle.

Edited by Magilla
  • Thanks 1