Tv Programmes That Have Lost Their Appeal.

pattricia

The Darling Buds Of May

I thought this programme was absolutely brilliant when it was on in the early 90s. The acting was good and it had a feel good factor about it. 

When I knew they were going to do a remake of the show I didn’t expect it to be as good as the original but I wasn’t impressed with the first episode.  Bradley Walsh plays the main role of pop Larkin in  the new remake. I don’t know how that man finds the time to do so many shows. I was disappointed when I knew he was going to be in it.

This is one show that’s lost it’s appeal for me.

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

The Darling Buds Of May

I thought this programme was absolutely brilliant when it was on in the early 90s. The acting was good and it had a feel good factor about it. 

When I knew they were going to do a remake of the show I didn’t expect it to be as good as the original but I wasn’t impressed with the first episode.  Bradley Walsh plays the main role of pop Larkin in  the new remake. I don’t know how that man finds the time to do so many shows. I was disappointed when I knew he was going to be in it.

This is one show that’s lost it’s appeal for me.

Bradley Walsh  ➡️ Off button

On 14/01/2023 at 20:53, pintor said:

QI with the sandy toksvig, can't abide her

Wasn't very keen on QI when Stephen Fry was host tbh.

I used to like the quiz show Pointless, though because I rarely watch TV nowadays, I don't even know if that has lost its appeal.

31 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Wasn't very keen on QI when Stephen Fry was host tbh.

I used to like the quiz show Pointless, though because I rarely watch TV nowadays, I don't even know if that has lost its appeal.

Osman only does celebrity ones now,  Armstrong spouts the same spiel in each episode - yes,  it's getting tedious.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2023 at 19:38, pattricia said:

The Masked Singer.

Sorry I just “ don’t get” this programme. Some  of the masked singers when they finally take their masks off, are unknown celebrities, but the panel have to show a surprised look, as though they know them !

Daughter in law told me the panel said,Taylor Swift!Shirley Bassey?no it's Daisy May Cooper..........WHO?

On 29/01/2023 at 00:18, cressida said:

Osman only does celebrity ones now,  Armstrong spouts the same spiel in each episode - yes,  it's getting tedious.

To be fair, that seems to be a trait across all daytime television. It's TV mostly for the pensioners who seem to love that cosy familiarity identikit format everyday.

Daytime Countdown has been doing it for 40 plus years. With exception of [fill in name of contestant] and [fill in name of dictionary corner celebrity with product to plug] it's host script may well as be a photocopy of the same thing they were using in 1982.  

Near everything on ITV's daytime schedule between around 9:30 and 6:00 p.m. couldn't be any more cut and paste if it tried.  Same on BBC with all their consumer grumbling, house buying and car boot programs.

Come Dine With Me, funny as it is, feels like it's been on air for 120 years.  Same with The Chase.

As for the former Deal or No Deal, its absolute work of witchcraft that they managed to nick a glorified 5 min open the box segment from Des O'Connors Take your Pick and turn it into some cultish, melodramatic, tension inducing, hour long saga.

Edited by ECCOnoob

1 hour ago, cressida said:

Maybe we should have some Oz and N.Z.  quality programmes `

What like?

This is what the main networks in Australia have to enjoy tomorrow evening:

Seven Network

3pm - The Chase. Yes, thats right, The Chase. And not even the Australian version, its the UK one

4pm - An hour of news

5pm - The Chase! Again! At least its the Australian version this time

6pm - Yet another hour of news!

7pm - Home and Away (still on UK telly)

7.30pm - Australian Idol. The Australian version of a crappy reality show that was dumped in the UK decades ago

9.15pm - Quantum Leap. Yes, the original American programme. And two episodes of it, too.

Nine Network

3pm - Tipping Point. Yup, its the version with Ben Shepherd!

4pm - an hour of news

5pm - Millionaire Hot Seat. A daytime version of the original WHTBAM show from the UK

6pm - an hour of news

7pm - A Current Affair. Essentially their version of Panorama

7.30pm - Married At First Sight.  Channel 4 show the Australian version in the UK (on E4 I think)

9.05pm - The Hundred. Comedy panel quiz show.

10.05pm - more news

10.35pm - Botched. US programme about plastic surgery gone wrong

Look at all of that, do you really think they have it better down there than we do?

Anything half decent from Australia and NZ is already being show on various channels anyway, or the streaming services.

Edited by HeHasRisen