Tv Programmes That Have Lost Their Appeal.

pattricia

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Both were essential viewing for me years ago  . Cannot remember last time I watched any of them .

I enjoyed Have I got news for you when Angus Deayton chaired it. Never watched it since he was axed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

The constant repeats of Only Fools And Horses has spoilt it.

Gold has been repeating that on a loop for about a decade, maybe longer. 

What has spoilt that programme is a) it has aged terribly in places, and b) it should have ended when they became millionaires. 

12 hours ago, pattricia said:

I thought A Question of Sport was better when Sue Barker presented it. Viewing figures have now fallen since she left.

QoS started to go down hill when they made that idiot, Phil Tufnell a captain of one of the teams. 

On 08/01/2023 at 10:33, HeHasRisen said:

What has spoilt that programme is a) it has aged terribly in places, and b) it should have ended when they became millionaires. 

I'd agree with both these points, OFAH is one of those series where you remember the high points but forget a lot of the low ones, some early episodes are a very tough watch.

On 08/01/2023 at 10:33, HeHasRisen said:

What has spoilt that programme is a) it has aged terribly in places, and b) it should have ended when they became millionaires

You're damn skippy👏

Everything after then was a cash grab in my humble opinion.  

6 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I'd agree with both these points, OFAH is one of those series where you remember the high points but forget a lot of the low ones, some early episodes are a very tough watch.

Agree with this too.

The 1st series for me is hit and miss. Having said that I'd still watch them all. 

Again, just my opinion but when Uncle Albert joined it went to another level. I like Grandads era but Uncle Albert's was better.