Kwik Fit How Do They Keep In Buisness

7 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Can someone who understood it give me the general gist of it?

I think Hans went to Kwik Fit who told him he needs new parts to resecure a heat shield.

I then think Hans went home and did it in 3 seconds.

I also think Hans believes Kwik Fit said he needs new tyres but he dosent think he needs them.

I don't think Hans is a fan of Kwik Fit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I think Hans went to Kwik Fit who told him he needs new parts to resecure a heat shield.

I then think Hans went home and did it in 3 seconds.

I also think Hans believes Kwik Fit said he needs new tyres but he dosent think he needs them.

I don't think Hans is a fan of Kwik Fit.

Right ok, well yes the mistake there was even going to Kwik Fit in the first place, everyone knows they are rip off merchants.

Also if you can do jobs like that to the car yourself why even go to a mechanic (if you can call Kwik Fit that) anyway.

Edited by HeHasRisen

12 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Right ok, well yes the mistake there was even going to Kwik Fit in the first place, everyone knows they are rip off merchants.

Also if you can do jobs like that to the car yourself why even go to a mechanic (if you can call Kwik Fit that) anyway.

True. Kwik Fit are terrible. 

Makes me wonder how they got a motability contract. 

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

True. Kwik Fit are terrible. 

Makes me wonder how they got a motability contract. 

Probably because they are a nationwide chain. That will essentially be it.

Mate of mine was quoted £320 for a new tyre at the one near the end of the M1 the other week. In the end he put the space saver on and limped back home at 50, went to Hillsborough and got one for less than 100.

Edited by HeHasRisen

16 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

That was the bit I was struggling to understand in the mangled words of the original post.

I know nothing about the mechanics of cars so I take it to a professional and choose to pay for whatever service or works they provide. If I had  the relevant knowledge and equipment I will do it myself.

I really don't understand the OP.  If they are bragging about the fact that they could do it for cheaper and easier at home themselves why take it to a mechanic business in the first place?  They cant seriously be so deluded to think a business will charge the same as it will cost to do something oneself at home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Probably because they are a nationwide chain. That will essentially be it.

Mate of mine was quoted £320 for a new tyre at the one near the end of the M1 the other week. In the end he put the space saver on and limped back home at 50, went to Hillsborough and got one for less than 100.

Yeah those Kwik Fitters are cheeky little scamps when it comes to prices. 

And quality of work .

And honesty come to think of it 🤔 

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

No, I genuinely can't understand it. 

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

For once I have to agree with HHR.

17 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

Me too.

Well, I dont want to Bragg but my Grandads best friends mums cousin was a tea lady at Bletchley Park so you could say code breaking is in my blood 👍

Edited by The_DADDY