Kwik Fit How Do They Keep In Buisness

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah those Kwik Fitters are cheeky little scamps when it comes to prices. 

And quality of work .

And honesty come to think of it 🤔 

Well, I dont want to Bragg but my Grandads bests friends mums cousin was a tea lady at Bletchley Park so you could say code breaking is in my blood 👍

I thought that was stones best bitter.

19 minutes ago, bassett one said:

i have always found kwik fit city road top class in every way and always busy. great service and often do good deals with the customers and if that bad why are they still in business .

People morons continue to go to them as the path of least resistance.  Use a local garage ffs.

13 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

People morons continue to go to them as the path of least resistance.  Use a local garage ffs.

It's not always that simple though. That's very often why the big chains dominate the way they do.

For example, it takes 3-4 attempts at my local garage before someone even picks up the phone.  When they do, they often cannot offer me an appointment for at least two weeks time. Neither can they offer me convenient appointment times  that fit around my work schedule on say, a late Saturday afternoon or sometime on a Sunday morning or any weekday after 4.30pm because unlike the big chains, they don't have the staffing levels.  Locals have little to no online presence for people to make their own service or price enquiries or book directly.  Most of them don't offer credit schemes or split payment plans. They don't have hundreds of branches all over the country which will allow for businesses to use a single account to cover all of their fleet repair works....

Don't get me wrong - I am all for supporting local independent businesses but it isn't always feasible.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

It's not always that simple though. That's very often why the big chains dominate the way they do.

For example, it takes 3-4 attempts at my local garage before someone even picks up the phone.  When they do, they often cannot offer me an appointment for at least two weeks time. Neither can they offer me convenient appointment times  that fit around my work schedule on say, a late Saturday afternoon or sometime on a Sunday morning or any weekday after 4.30pm because unlike the big chains, they don't have the staffing levels.  Locals have little to no online presence for people to make their own service or price enquiries or book directly.  Most of them don't offer credit schemes or split payment plans. They don't have hundreds of branches all over the country which will allow for businesses to use a single account to cover all of their fleet repair works....

Don't get me wrong - I am all for supporting local independent businesses but it isn't always feasible.

I just nip into mine, to see when they can fit me in. Usually a few days after, never had an issue. 

But yes fair points generally. As I said, Kwik Fit is clearly the path of least resistance and they prey on this.

Edited by HeHasRisen

I can understand using them for say, a new tyre, if it’s urgent but not anything routine, MOTs, servicing etc.  

There’s a certain other smaller chain operating in Sheffield that prey on the path of least resistance. People book online for a one hour slot for new tyres through blackcircles, Asda or their own website but when they present their car at the garage it’s chaos, nowhere to park, phone ringing constantly and a load of people waiting round at the reception. The guy on the desk says he doesn’t know anything about the booking, says blackcircles/Asda ‘don’t tell them’ about bookings/the systems playing up/they can’t do the 12.30 booking you directly made on their own website because ‘that’s when the lads have their dinner break’. So the customer arranges to leave it with them to sort later in the day because you’ve paid for the tyres and just wants it done.  There are lots of online reviews saying the same so do the research. The path of least resistance often becomes a pain in the backside

My OH had a lease care through work for a few years. The lease firm were a national company, I can't remember the name of them now. Whenever he needed a new tyre or some other small part (wiper blade etc.), the firm the lease care company used was Kwik Fit. It's a national chain, and presumably it was a big contract for Kwik Fit so I felt he would get a decent job done. 

For the service, he could choose where to book it. I always made sure he went to a dealer so he would get the proper service. He was doing 30-40k miles per year so I felt the car needed that. 

I wouldn't go to a kwik fit, I would always use a local independent.