More Right Wing Insurrection

Guest sibon

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Ive always told you what i think of you fella, i dont think youre as extreme as some of the others.

Theres been plenty on this forum over the past 15 years ta

Oh right...

Only been a member for a few weeks and I've yet to see any.

👍

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I've already named the 2 names earlier in the thread who I think are one person, I have a suspicion that he / she has another username, but at the moment I'm not 100% certain.

I think it might be better to start a new thread about this subject, as it's not fair on Sibon to have his thread derailed by another matter.

You start a new thread then,  although Sibon has himself,  on his own thread said that Harvey19 and Hackey Lad are one and the same.

Edited by cressida

13 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I've already named the 2 names earlier in the thread who I think are one person, I have a suspicion that he / she has another username, but at the moment I'm not 100% certain.

I think it might be better to start a new thread about this subject, as it's not fair on Sibon to have his thread derailed by another matter.

Yeah I remember you saying but I was asking Mel for some names.

My bold.

You're probably right there.👍

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Extreme right wing?  😂

Any examples of this extremism?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/suella-braverman-rwanda-dream-obsession-b2195296.html

Then again, I suppose that what is ‘extreme’, depends upon one’s perspective on socio-economics-political issues, relative to the political  Overton window at time T zero.

Mine hasn’t changed much in a good decade at least, so the Overton window shift in the meantime has effectively translated me to the left of what was the ‘right of center’ (“a little righter than center right”) then.

IMHO that ‘dream’ from Braverman was, and remains, BNP-worthy and so yes, extreme, notwithstanding her “mainstream” Conservative allegiance. Likewise an  invasion of symbolic public offices by a rampaging mob masquerading as political activists.

Edited by L00b

3 minutes ago, L00b said:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/suella-braverman-rwanda-dream-obsession-b2195296.html

Then again, I suppose that what is ‘extreme’, depends upon one’s perspective relative to the political  Overton window at time T zero.

Mine hasn’t changed much in a good decade at least, so the Overton window shift in the meantime has effectively translated me to the left of what was the center right then.

IMHO that ‘dream’ from Braverman was, and remains, BNP-worthy and so yes, extreme, notwithstanding her “mainstream” Conservative allegiance. Likewise an  invasion of symbolic public offices by a rampaging mob masquerading as political activists.

I didn't know Braverman posted on this forum.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I didn't know Braverman posted on this forum.

Plenty enough posters here echo her extremist takes in here-

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/478963-sending-asylum-seekers-on-to-rwanda/

-which demonstrates precisely the purpose of her voicing that ‘dream’ and of a biased portion of the media amplifying it.

Umpteen more examples where that one came from, SF posts (in and amongst so many other social media resources like online newspapers’ comments sections, Facebook, Twitter and so on) are digital testimony  to that Overton window shifting over the years.

Edited by L00b

1 minute ago, L00b said:

Plenty enough posters here echo her extremist takes in here-

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/478963-sending-asylum-seekers-on-to-rwanda/

-which demonstrates precisely the purpose of her voicing that ‘dream’ and of a biased portion of the media amplifying it.

Thanks for the link.

Will take a gander.

Like you say, some will think it's extreme, some will not.

Stupid would be my take.

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Come on now, get with the program.. 

Insurrection is the latest buzzword, it's replaced white supremacist and incel.

Anyone would think a few hundred loons smashing up some windows was akin to the Taiping Rebellion.!!

Attempted insurrections aren't defined by their scale or their success (or lack of it) but by their intent. Bolsonaro and his party laid the groundwork by telling lies about the integrity of the election. His supporters where then encouraged to use violence to take over the government. The similarities to the events in the US after Trump lost the 2020 election are striking precisely because, as L00b noted, the same people, Bannon, etc, advised both sets of losers.

• Thanks 2