Who Is Whom?

57 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Right. Let's have it.

It's getting rather tiresome recently with all the accusations of multiple accounts being thrown around the forum. 

Aside from the odd exception these accusers don't give the names of said profiles so I decided to start a thread where I hope they will. 

As this could well be a dodgy subject and could possibly get quite heated (some people do get shouty 🙄) I'm tagging @SFBeca in so she can decide if this thread should be allowed to say.

If she decides it should be deleted I'm cool with that 👍

So, like I say. Let's have it...

Over to you...

Why does it matter? I post under my real name.

But what's the difference if an anonymous poster has one alter ego to dish dirt, or two?

Presumably they are subject to the same moderation rules.

There are some curtain peepers here, who have had me living in Sheffield, instead of my adopted country.  :)

I have no problem with such time wasters.

I do think the conversations, would be a little more civil here if the Walter Mittys and Casper Milquetoasts who hurl their toxic insults from the safety of their anonymity, had to use their real names.

It would be more like a pub discussion, and with the same consequences, Lol, but I'm happy either way!

Long live Free Speech.

And a pox on the wanna be "moderators" who think they can decide a thread has run its course, just because they've run out of arguments, and insults!  Lol

Edited by trastrick
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, trastrick said:

Why does it matter?

What's the difference if an anonymous poster has one alter ego to dish dirt, or two?

Presumably they are subject to the same moderation rules.

There are some curtain peepers here, who have had me living in Sheffield, instead of my adopted country.  :)

I have no problem with such time wasters.

I do think the conversations, would be a little more civil, here if the Walter Mittys and Casper Milquetoasts who hurl their toxic insults from the safety of their anonymity, had to use there real names.

It would be more like a pub discussion, and with the same consequences, Lol, but I'm happy either way!

Long live Free Speech.

And a pox on the wanna be "moderators" who think they can decide a thread has run its course, just because they've run out of arguments, and insults!  Lol

Yeah that always tickles me 🤣

1 minute ago, crookesey said:

Agreed, albeit some very good banned posters never returned.

Definitely.  Still, we have some pretty good posters now, onwards and upwards I say 👍 

18 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

West 77 dissapears and then you turn up on the attack ( which is strange for a new poster)  with the identical delusional post.  The people who have sparred with you on regular occaisions know,   they are not daft. You are too obvious, you have been outed, OWN IT.  :suspect:

I will politely ask again.

Where have I been outed?

Please show everyone, including me because it would be super to see you backtrack.

Then you can own that one.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, trastrick said:

Why does it matter? I post under my real name.

But what's the difference if an anonymous poster has one alter ego to dish dirt, or two?

It matters because it means that they cannot be trusted to tell the truth about what they say or believe in and therefore are doing it as either a wind up or just trying to be a troll.

One person on here who was previously banned and now returned, no not the OP, is posting under their past name and has admitted to posting under another and I suspect is also posting under another one. 

What can get annoying however is not those posters but the ones who constantly snipe at the person using masked swearing (Chekhov automatically excluded) simply because they don't like the way they vote.

2 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

It matters because it means that they cannot be trusted to tell the truth about what they say or believe in and therefore are doing it as either a wind up or just trying to be a troll.

One person on here who was previously banned and now returned, no not the OP, is posting under their past name and has admitted to posting under another and I suspect is also posting under another one. 

What can get annoying however is not those posters but the ones who constantly snipe at the person using masked swearing (Chekhov automatically excluded) simply because they don't like the way they vote.

You don't think that's me do you?

Edited by Al Bundy

2 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Nope! and sorry you even thought that. I think several on here will realise who I am talking about. ;)

If its who I think it is that same poster accused me of having another account. Went quiet though when I asked him to name it.