How Much Sleep Do You Need A Night?

How much sleep do you need per night?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How much sleep do you need per night?

• Less than 4 hours
    • 4 hours
    • 5 hours
    • 6 hours
    • 7 hours
    • 8 hours
    • 9 hours
    • 10 hours
    • More than 10 hours

For some reason in recent years my issue is not so much lack of sleep but more the quality.

I have vivid dreams on a nightly basis which are still with me as I wake up.

Not nightmares but always an unpleasant element such as struggling to get somewhere with various pitfalls along the way.

I would like to wake up refreshed and raring to go but that’s rarely the case.

• Like 1

I find it hard to go to sleep some nights. When I finally fall asleep it’s nearly time to get up. It leaves you you feeling tired during the day. People who go to bed and fall asleep as soon as their head hits the pillow don’t know how lucky they are. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Interesting question. Some people clearly are lazy and stay in bed for ages, but some of us, like myself, like to be up with the lark.

6 hours usually suffices for me, how about the rest of you?

I love  my bed and eight hours a night suits me,  once I'm awake I have to get up though.

I have roughly 4/5 hours sleep a night and have done for about 40 years. One of the issues many people seem to have is the waking up at 2 ish and laying  awake 'whittling' about everything and anything. I'm the same, but how I've stopped this is by reading my Kindle, it seems to break that cycle of thoughts going constantly round in a never ending circle. I have it on night mode, which is black background with just the words lit up, doesn't seem to be as jarring on the eyes. Also doesn't disturb anyone who's sleeping next to you. The beauty of the Kindle also is if you fall asleep reading it switches itself off. Hope this helps some of you. By the way I don't have shares in Kindle ha ha.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bunny Marsh said:

I have roughly 4/5 hours sleep a night and have done for about 40 years. One of the issues many people seem to have is the waking up at 2 ish and laying  awake 'whittling' about everything and anything. I'm the same, but how I've stopped this is by reading my Kindle, it seems to break that cycle of thoughts going constantly round in a never ending circle. I have it on night mode, which is black background with just the words lit up, doesn't seem to be as jarring on the eyes. Also doesn't disturb anyone who's sleeping next to you. The beauty of the Kindle also is if you fall asleep reading it switches itself off. Hope this helps some of you. By the way I don't have shares in Kindle ha ha.

Any tips are helpful.

When I wake up I usually put on a podcast to listen to, usually a sports one. I find this helps get me back to sleep as I rarely listen to the end of it.

Trouble being is that I am awake again roughly an hour later!!