How Much Sleep Do You Need A Night?

How much sleep do you need per night?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How much sleep do you need per night?

• Less than 4 hours
    • 4 hours
    • 5 hours
    • 6 hours
    • 7 hours
    • 8 hours
    • 9 hours
    • 10 hours
    • More than 10 hours

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Any tips are helpful.

When I wake up I usually put on a podcast to listen to, usually a sports one. I find this helps get me back to sleep as I rarely listen to the end of it.

Trouble being is that I am awake again roughly an hour later!!

Good advice that always works for me.

I use YouTube on my phone to shuffle stuff I've saved to my "library". Everything from music to science to history.

Nothing like a University lecture on the Achaemenid Empire or the History of Philosophy to get me to sleep in 5 minutes flat!  :)

Edited by trastrick
  • Haha 1

About 6 hours.

17 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

I need all the sleep I can get. I'm old.

I have found it to be the other way around.  I needed about 8 and a half hours when I was 16 and gradually that goes down. I can now manage on 4 or 5 hours if need be. The difference is now I don't worry about it.

20 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Interesting question. Some people clearly are lazy and stay in bed for ages, but some of us, like myself, like to be up with the lark.

6 hours usually suffices for me, how about the rest of you?

Up with the Lark,  up with the dog more like, flippin Babara Woodhouse, WALKEEEEEES.  :hihi:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

Up with the Lark,  up with the dog more like, flippin Babara Woodhouse, WALKEEEEEES.  :hihi:

Yep, same here but I do admit I'm the 1 on that list as I like my 10 hours....

The dog has the habit of banging the bed to wake me up around 8 so its get up, take him out and swiftly back to bed till around 12. Then again I am a late person and don't normally go to bed till around 2ish!

1 hour ago, Dromedary said:

Yep, same here but I do admit I'm the 1 on that list as I like my 10 hours....

The dog has the habit of banging the bed to wake me up around 8 so its get up, take him out and swiftly back to bed till around 12. Then again I am a late person and don't normally go to bed till around 2ish!

Ignore him, he is chasing me around the forum as he refuses to believe I get a lot done in my 18 waking hours per day