Dem Blades V Stoke.

Alextopman

I know who The Blades are, and wish them well this season - maybe both United and Wednesday will win promotion this season and that will be a great achievement for our city.
But I keep seeing 'Dem'. What's that about?  Is it just annoying street vernacular or is there a deeper significance that passes me by?

Decent win despite not being in top form, defence switched off for Stoke goal ,but otherwise deserved. Midfield were poor today, Norwood did nothing,why he's never subbed I don't know, he's a passenger when we are under pressure & Berge dawdling today

4 hours ago, pintor said:

Decent win despite not being in top form, defence switched off for Stoke goal ,but otherwise deserved. Midfield were poor today, Norwood did nothing,why he's never subbed I don't know, he's a passenger when we are under pressure & Berge dawdling today

Blimey. We made hard work of that today & I was relieved when the 3rd goal went in.  Way that 2nd half was going, I was convicted it'd finish 3 - 2 to Stoke. 

Agree with you about Berge as well. 

Got away with one there I think. If Stoke had played with a bit of more belief they could have easily got an equaliser.Thems the results that get you promoted though.

Another near sell out , it would be good to get the Kop situation sorted so we could get more fans in for the remaining home games.

13 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Norwood doesn't half get some flack.

Statistically he is the best midfielder in the Championship, however as fans we all like to see flair and the rest so he usually ends up without notice. In order for Berge to play a more free role and to push on and link up with the strikers, we can expect Norwood to sit deeper and play a more steady eddie role... Granted today wasn't Norwood's most effective role, but the reason he is never subbed is statistically backed up.

We did our job today without really moving up through the gears. 

First hald in particular we started well and we it paid, we played some decent attacking football and asked questions.... but as they home team we expect that.

Second half Stoke grew into it with the confidence of pulling a goal back, but I dont feel they caused us too many problems onwards. It all became a bit niggly and stale for a while really, but we didn't really help ourselves either. Unlike our usually self, we punted the ball out on a few occasions and invited a bit of pressure. Ordinarily we would get it down and play football, but went 20 minutes of the second half in a more lethargic mindset.

Later on a second wind kicked in and we went on to finish the job.... you can't knock it at all, its another job done and another huge 3 points in the bag.

We weren't poor, but likewise we weren't up with our usual very high standards. No concerns what so ever when still getting the job done...

On to the next one....

Agree,just as I said🙂

10 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Blimey. We made hard work of that today & I was relieved when the 3rd goal went in.  Way that 2nd half was going, I was convicted it'd finish 3 - 2 to Stoke. 

Agree with you about Berge as well. 

You could sense the the nerves easing when the third went in😌

Edited by pintor