Bbc Shamima Begum Podcast

Just now, The_DADDY said:

She probably is. She's hoping to come back here so I'm guessing she might see this podcast as a good 1st step?

Exactly.

So this series is totally beneficial for her.

Shame on the BBC.

Still, one doubts that the bosses will have to worry about her moving in next door to them.

When is her book out?

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

Of course she is , she has had her hair and makeup done specially for it .

Paid for by me probably 

3 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Do you think Ms Begum is happy about the airtime she is being granted, or not?

Probably. My point was Morgan was misrepresenting what the podcast is.

It's billed as an investigation into why she did what she did and the journalist who's podcast this is has previously done one for a US woman who was in a similar situation to Begum. You could look that up if you really want to know what it is likely to cover.

If this podcast gives people an idea of what to watch out for in the young people they know who may be radicalised and that prevents them getting involved in something like ISIS that can't be bad. Society not trying to learn lessons from this will be a wasted opportunity.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, altus said:

It's billed as an investigation into why she did what she did and the journalist who's podcast this is has previously done one for a US woman who was in a similar situation to Begum. You could look that up if you really want to know what it is likely to cover.

If this podcast gives people an idea of what to watch out for in the young people they know who may be radicalised and that prevents them getting involved in something like ISIS that can't be bad. Society not trying to learn lessons from this will be a wasted opportunity.

Hmmm, I agree. That's why I hope they don't do a fluffy glossed over affair. It needs to be warts and all.

On 12/01/2023 at 20:59, altus said:

Yes, Series one is well worth listening to, even if only to understand the journalist, as well as the subject of this second series.
He seems to be a proper investigative journalist, with quite a lot of understanding of that part of the middle east; listen to series one to find out why.
I do find it interesting that folk pre-judge the conclusion, without  either having listed to the original series, or the first one of this.

Series link on BBC Sounds Here

• Like 1