Recovering 'Missing' Folder After Using Folderlocker?

Electerrific

that doesn't appear to be in the recycle bin (unless you got that from doing properties), it's just there, click view details on the everything menu to get more info

what happens if you click open

Edited by fools

2 hours ago, Electerrific said:

I've tried to be clear. I had one yellow folder, inside it was that locker thing used to hide/display, plus another yellow folder which contained some files I hid securely, or revealed again as needed.

I moved the 'main' yellow folder from one location on my hard drive to another.

Then inside it, I moved that locker (not unlocker) file icon - leaving the files folder itself- to another folder, to foolishly experiment.

The folder then vanished. I think it's actually hidden, but revealing all hidden files in the properties thing reveals nothing.

I have just downloaded ''Everything'' from the web and it seems to locate the file names in recycle bin, with a path of E: $Recycle Bin etc, but they're usually unseen?

Yes I have.

If they are in the recycle bin, then open it up and 'restore' them

if you emptied the recycle bin, you may need to use recovery software to get it back...

I'm still confused however as to your original problem, what software you are using to 'lock' or hide the folder, what the batch file ('FileLocker') contains...  

These questions need answering, to be able to correctly identify what happened to cause your issue, how to maybe fix it and prevent in the future...

I would guess, it's simply a batch file that adds the hidden flag for a selected file or folder (drag and drop maybe?) - but then moving the batch file (or locker program, whatever it is - this is why we need to know what/how - ) shouldn't have moved / altered any files or folders.... Unless its a specific app, that uses the "filelocker" to identify locked folders, and moving that then 'corrupted' this and it didn't think it was a hidden folder anymore, even though it was... I don't know, pure guess...

Provide all the information we need, and we can help further :)