Another Police Rapist

The police are no different to any other profession when one of it’s membership comes under question, we are far too trusting with folk that don’t deserve it. As for the police, I reckon that as soon as the slightest suspicion on anything a serious as rape rears it’s head it should be be referred to a higher authority.

35 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Some police 

I think you're right to point out that it's some police.

But this case has got me thinking, if other police were joking about his predilections, while he was actually doing it, what does that say about the character of the other police officers?

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

But this case has got me thinking, if other police were joking about his predilections, while he was actually doing it, what does that say about the character of the other police officers?

Some....police officers.

'Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely' Lord  Acton.

Is still as true today as it was in the 19th century.

Hitler used it, as did many national leaders in the past. Putin and others are doing so today.

The police are given power and the minority who wish to abuse it will always try and do so.

It needs a much more thorough selection and recruitment system  to stop these deviant characters ever getting near a police uniform and those still serving need rooting out quickly. There fellow officers probably know who they are.

echo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

This is awful.....Blah blah blah.

We should have spotted his behaviour....Blah blah blah.

Lessons will be learned.....Blah blah blah 🙄

I think any profession, whichever it is will have its share of wrong 'uns.

I think policing is no different - in fact I wonder if having so much control over people is an encouragement to the warped.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

I think it was more about how he acted  , eg he’s a bit strange . Not that they knew about his actions 

8 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think any profession, whichever it is will have its share of wrong 'uns.

I think policing is no different - in fact I wonder if having so much control over people is an encouragement to the warped.

You are probably bang on there 👍

There are over 34,200 police officers in the Metropolitan Police alone.  I suppose that there will be a few bad apples, some like this one, very bad! 

I would expect that the vast majority are dedicated to the work and are sworn to uphold and maintain law and order.  This, they do with our consent and we must trust them to do it.  Like others in the emergency services, they are there time and again racing towards danger, when others are fleeing or hiding from it.  They too have loved ones who want to see them arrive home safe and well after a day or night at work.

The bad ones must expect nothing less than the full weight of the law.  This particular species of animal can almost guarantee that he will never see the outside again. Good riddance to bad rubbish!