If The Bbc Are Nauseatingly Woke, How Bad Are Google ?

We have just had an E Mail from Google about a new "Family site" :

We've created a one-stop resource with helpful info about parental controls, online safety, digital wellbeing, family fun, and more to help you confidently navigate the ins and outs of tech.

The problem is not with that (apart from possibly the term "digital wellbeing"...), but with the three pictures they use in the E mail to advertise it.

1 - A mixed race family (as one of three pics I'd have no problem with that)

2 - Two young blokes with baby (i.e. a male gay couple family) 

3 - Two young women with baby (i.e. a female gay couple family)

Is there really anyone on here who doesn't think that is nauseatingly woke (as well as being statistically about as likely as winning the lottery) ?

As regards the actual home page of the site there seven pictures,  only one of which is a conventional family (i.e. man + woman + kid(s), and that is mixed race family (not that I would have the remotest problem with that if there were also pictures of white families).

Given the influence of Google (and the Beeb come to that) how worrying is this ?

Where will it all end ?

Edited by Chekhov

18 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

We have just had an E Mail from Google about a new "Family site" :

We've created a one-stop resource with helpful info about parental controls, online safety, digital wellbeing, family fun, and more to help you confidently navigate the ins and outs of tech.

The problem is not with that (apart from possibly the term "digital wellbeing"...), but with the three pictures they use in the E mail to advertise it.

1 - A mixed race family (as one of three pics I'd have no problem with that)

2 - Two young blokes with baby (i.e. a male gay couple family) 

3 - Two young women with baby (i.e. a female gay couple family)

Is there really anyone on here who doesn't think that is nauseatingly woke (as well as being statistically about as likely as winning the lottery) ?

As regards the actual home page of the site there seven pictures,  only one of which is a conventional family (i.e. man + woman + kid(s), and that is mixed race family (not that I would have a problem with that if there were also pictures of white families).

Given the influence of Google (and the Beeb come to that) how worrying is this ?

Where will it all end ?

Just now, Al Bundy said:

I find it all incredibly amusing to be honest. It's like a contest to see who can be most look at us " we really really care"

Sit back and enjoy it.

Edited by Al Bundy

9 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Therapy to uncover why you're really so irrationally upset about everything...

...for you, and eventually the kids? :roll:

I take it you think it's fine.

Why do you think it's fine to misrepresent society for some PC agenda ?

I find it very annoying that they are subconsciously trying to tell me how to think.

Edited by Chekhov

Just now, Chekhov said:

I take it you think it's fine.

Why do you think it's fine to misrepresent society for some PC agenda ?

I find is very annoying that they are subconsciously trying to tell me how to think.

Of course its fine. The gay people in the advert arent going to bum you, so whats the problem?

Just now, HeHasRisen said:

Of course its fine. The gay people in the advert arent going to bum you, so whats the problem?

Some people don’t care what “they” do in the privacy of “their” own homes.

They just don’t want it shoving down their throats.

Apparently 

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Tell me HeHsRisen, since the vast majority of families still consist of a man, and a woman and kid(s), and of those the great majority are same race, why do Google choose three family pictures which do not include any of those ?

Why (unless they have some hidden agenda) ?

1 minute ago, sibon said:

Some people don’t care what “they” do in the privacy of “their” own homes.

They just don’t want it shoving down their throats.

Apparently 

I think you'll find most people think like that. And what is wrong with that ?

Edited by Chekhov

Just now, Chekhov said:

Tell me HeHsRisen, since the vast majority of families still consist of a man, and a woman and kid(s), and of those the great majority are same race, why do Google choose three family pictures which do not include any of those ?

Why ?

I really couldnt care less, it affects my life, and yours as it happens, in absolutely no way whatssoever.

If you are that outraged, feel free to start boycotting Google. You may find this tricky if you have an Android phone, mind.

Just now, Chekhov said:

Why ?

It's a marketing ploy, it's designed so their products appeal to a wider audience.

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

I think you'll find most people think like that. And what is wrong with that ?

Now we are getting somewhere. 

I’d estimate that almost nobody that I spend time with thinks like that. 

Maybe you would like to share your reasons for thinking like that.  And maybe offer some proof that “most people” think as you do.