Dog Attacks

There have been quite a few reports of dog attacks in the news lately. I suspect it’s of increase of owners who are: 

a) clueless. Have no idea how to train a dog, talk to like a it’s a child, don’t have time/can’t be bothered to exercise it properly, leave it shut up alone all while they are out

b) dodgy. People of certain type, that have certain types of dog for a certain image they aspire too. These dogs are poorly bred from dodgy people looking to make a quick buck.

All dogs, even small ones have the potential to bite.  Irresponsible ownership is the main reason for most incidents where a dog attacks.  Certain breeds are more aggressive and so need more intensive training and supervision.

Perhaps the Government should re-regulate dog ownership with licensing and enforcement?

8 minutes ago, redruby said:

There have been quite a few reports of dog attacks in the news lately. I suspect it’s of increase of owners who are: 

a) clueless. Have no idea how to train a dog, talk to like a it’s a child, don’t have time/can’t be bothered to exercise it properly, leave it shut up alone all while they are out

b) dodgy. People of certain type, that have certain types of dog for a certain image they aspire too. These dogs are poorly bred from dodgy people looking to make a quick buck.

I suspect you are right 

16 minutes ago, Tipstaff said:

All dogs, even small ones have the potential to bite.  Irresponsible ownership is the main reason for most incidents where a dog attacks.  Certain breeds are more aggressive and so need more intensive training and supervision.

Perhaps the Government should re-regulate dog ownership with licensing and enforcement?

That won't happen. 

I don't think it should either. 

Owners of dogs who attack people should face criminal charges. Put the blame 100% on the owner and sentence them as though they committed the attack. 

Don't destroy the dogs, rehabilitate them Like we try with pedos, rapists, murderers etc. 

Guest makapaka
14 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

That won't happen. 

I don't think it should either. 

Owners of dogs who attack people should face criminal charges. Put the blame 100% on the owner and sentence them as though they committed the attack. 

Don't destroy the dogs, rehabilitate them Like we try with pedos, rapists, murderers etc. 

the rod is out again.

Edited by makapaka

Guest makapaka
21 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Correctamundo  :thumbsup:

Rehabilitation for biting dogs.

Dog laid on leather sofa - why did you do it Fido?

”I never knew my real father!”

😂

Your dog bites a child.

never done it before - you’re mortified.

next week you’re before court answering charges for biting a child because you have to

be treated as if you caused the offence.

end up on nonce wing getting beaten up in Doncatraz.

brilliant idea @The_DADDY 😂

Edited by makapaka

Just now, makapaka said:

Rehabilitation for biting dogs.

Snipped 

You may mock however one of my best dogs was a GSD who was very bitey. 

With hard work, lots of love and firm boundaries he was able to be trusted with every single member of the family.

Even my newborn was OK to be left alone with him for hours at a time. 

He never bit..

Rest In Peace, Killer.. I'll always miss you 😪

4 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Dog laid on leather sofa - why did you do it Fido?

”I never knew my real father!”

😂

Credit where its due that was very funny 😁 

Guest makapaka
Just now, The_DADDY said:

You may mock however one of my best dogs was a GSD who was very bitey. 

With hard work, lots of love and firm boundaries he was able to be trusted with every single member of the family.

Even my newborn was OK to be left alone with him for hours at a time. 

He never bit..

Rest In Peace, Killer.. I'll always miss you 😪

Rod back in. Try another thread yeah?