Car Insurance

I s there a car insurance broker in Sheffield , My car insurance just keeps going through the roof despite 20 years no claims , The on line ones are a nightmare as they all seem to be similar . 

My insurer (NFU) told me I would be 10 % cheaper this year but have still quoted me £200 more . 

I like to talk face to face with brokers so is there any left on the High Streets.

23 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I s there a car insurance broker in Sheffield , My car insurance just keeps going through the roof despite 20 years no claims , The on line ones are a nightmare as they all seem to be similar . 

My insurer (NFU) told me I would be 10 % cheaper this year but have still quoted me £200 more . 

I like to talk face to face with brokers so is there any left on the High Streets.

Try Hastings Direct

8 minutes ago, crookesey said:

Try Hastings Direct

Seconded. They are a broker and usually come up with the best price for me.

There are a few brokers in the city, but I can’t imagine that a single car policy would be that enticing for them

Just now, sibon said:

Seconded. They are a broker and usually come up with the best price for me.

There are a few brokers in the city, but I can’t imagine that a single car policy would be that enticing for them

You’ve summed it up correctly, working on a 10% margin is hardly worth the hassle.

31 minutes ago, dan2802 said:

Try Aviva. 

But that said, they assess risk. If you are high risk, its high premium.

If he is using the comparison sites pretty sure he has already "tried" them.

Failing the comparison sites, and the ones who arent on them (I dont think Churchill, Direct Line and Tesco are on any), he isnt going to get it any cheaper than he is already seen. No broker is going to be arsed for a single policy for an 80 year old.

Edited by HeHasRisen

5 hours ago, fools said:

brokers take a cut ... direct line

'Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole', as they say.

From first hand experience they are very willing to take your money but when it comes to making a claim they'll find the most obscure reason not to pay out.

echo.