Car Insurance

On 19/01/2023 at 00:04, echo beach said:

That incident, which wasn't my son's fault and had nothing to do with me was ... the reason I was being penalised.

That's what I call an obscure reason.

still not clear why, unless it was an undeclared claim or fronting allegation

Talking about Hastings insurance my car renewal came up and it had gone up £150 ,I checked on internet and low and behold Hastings was offering my type of policy £150 cheaper.I rang Hastings up but she said it didn’t apply to drivers who already had a Hastings policy.I said I would go elsewhere and put the phone down.After about 5 mins the phone rang it was them and they agreed to do the policy £150 cheaper .The next year I got the renewal letter from Hastings and it said they couldn’t find anybody to insure me.So I rang them and they said they had tried all over but nobody would take me on.Bearing in mind I have been continuously driving for 55 years ,never had a claim ,never had an accident,no endorsements .I must have been flagged and it was a case of getting their own back,very petty.I consider it their loss and I would not now touch them with a barge pole.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

If anyone is after any cheap car insurance, Sainsburys is shortly going to be launching a "smart price" version guaranteeing the lowest prices.  What the level of cover and service will be I can't say.

Tesco do similar, or at least they did the last time I looked, there was a "Value" option. Again, no idea of cover levels and may not be competitive for most people anyway.

Insurance companies and car hire companies make it difficult for drivers over the age of 70 although I still see Mr. Wilson who is 90 still driving his truck albeit very carefully.

Low mileage drivers can get a good deal by paying per mile with By Miles but again you have to be under 70. Great for summer cyclists and bikers.

This includes a free tracking app so you can see the costs per journey. It also records top speed and average speed of every journey so if you're a speeder it would be best to avoid.

2 hours ago, fuddyduddy4 said:

Talking about Hastings insurance my car renewal came up and it had gone up £150 ,I checked on internet and low and behold Hastings was offering my type of policy £150 cheaper.I rang Hastings up but she said it didn’t apply to drivers who already had a Hastings policy.I said I would go elsewhere and put the phone down.After about 5 mins the phone rang it was them and they agreed to do the policy £150 cheaper .The next year I got the renewal letter from Hastings and it said they couldn’t find anybody to insure me.So I rang them and they said they had tried all over but nobody would take me on.Bearing in mind I have been continuously driving for 55 years ,never had a claim ,never had an accident,no endorsements .I must have been flagged and it was a case of getting their own back,very petty.I consider it their loss and I would not now touch them with a barge pole.

It is strange as I have rung around and they all seem to know every thing about me before I give all info , My original Insurance co is still the cheapest. , In 60 years of driving I have never known That before  . If they are sharing info it must be against the law 

26 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

It is strange as I have rung around and they all seem to know every thing about me before I give all info , My original Insurance co is still the cheapest. , In 60 years of driving I have never known That before  . If they are sharing info it must be against the law 

If you have ever used a comparison site you have already given them your info, no doubt multiple times.