Anti Social Dirt Bikes S2

Hi,

I apologise if this is in the wrong section I'm a first time poster.

I live on Dovercourt Road in the S2 area of Sheffield which is a lovely area full of hard working people but we are experiencing constant noise and dangerous driving day in day out for years now from off-road dirt bikes ridden by anti-social individuals. These individuals seem to come from the Wybourne area but cause havoc on City Road, Wybourne, Sky Edge, Manor Lane and Dovercourt Road. I have spoken to many people in the area who are also frustrated and have reported the issues to the police, council, and local Labour MP Paul Blomfield, but no action has been taken. The police and council are aware of the culprits but are not taking any action.

I am seeking suggestions on what actions can be taken to get the authorities to address this issue and stop a few bad apples from terrorizing the community.

We are sick of the waffle and want action.

Thanks

Edited by Satoshi09
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Satoshi09 said:

Hi,

I apologise if this is in the wrong section I'm a first time poster.

I live on Dovercourt Road in the S2 area of Sheffield which is a lovely area full of hard working people but we are experiencing constant noise and dangerous driving day in day out for years now from off-road dirt bikes ridden by anti-social individuals. These individuals seem to come from the Wybourne area but cause havoc on City Road, Wybourne, Sky Edge, Manor Lane and Dovercourt Road. I have spoken to many people in the area who are also frustrated and have reported the issues to the police, council, and local Labour MP Paul Blomfield, but no action has been taken. The police and council are aware of the culprits but are not taking any action.

I am seeking suggestions on what actions can be taken to get the authorities to address this issue and stop a few bad apples from terrorizing the community.

We are sick of the waffle and want action.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum 👍

I hope you can get the authorities to deal with this but sadly I think you may be onto a loser.

Have similar problems but with cars and bikes on our road. It's. 50mph stretch and cars and bikes routinely speed well in excess of 100mph  

It got so bad one evening 4 homes reported it via 999 instead of 101.

We were one of those who rang the emergency number. Sure they came out eventually and were told its a regular thing but nope, nothing has been done. Multiple reports to the local Councillor and MP (not by me) has proved fruitless too.

Like I say,  I hope you get it sorted but it could be am uphill battle.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Findlay said:

There are some contact details on this article https://sheffnews.com/news/off-road-bike-team-clamp-down-on-illegal-riders

You have done everything you can do so well done.

All you can do is keep up the reporting.

Thanks, I will keep trying, it seems pointless to be honest, so many people have been reporting it for so long with complete inaction by the authorities. 

19 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Good to see the old forum poster Mr Benn has been reincarnated in a different part of the city.

If you have nothing constructive to add why bother. 

50 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Welcome to the forum 👍

I hope you can get the authorities to deal with this but sadly I think you may be onto a loser.

Have similar problems but with cars and bikes on our road. It's. 50mph stretch and cars and bikes routinely speed well in excess of 100mph  

It got so bad one evening 4 homes reported it via 999 instead of 101.

We were one of those who rang the emergency number. Sure they came out eventually and were told its a regular thing but nope, nothing has been done. Multiple reports to the local Councillor and MP (not by me) has proved fruitless too.

Like I say,  I hope you get it sorted but it could be am uphill battle.

Utter tosh. 

37 minutes ago, bassett one said:

its all over lowedges,greenhill and batemoor ,jordanthorpe as well ,the list is endless,no one is intrested in stopping the use of illegal bikers or escooters end of

No one is interested in stopping anything illegal.

Time for the public to start shouting.

And ignore MJ01's trolling. His schoolboy humour prevents him writing anything sensible.

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Wonder why every thread loses it's original subject and turns into  daft banter that says nothing to anybody?

Daft banter doesn't happen when the females on here post,  are we  more  grown up?

It's when the banter becomes insulting,  they don't have a filter.

I think Hackey is missing Padders Bar,  he has been viewing!

Edited by cressida