Buying Used Car In Sheffield

SCM1

as above, my carer is buying another care, her Ford Zetec is failing a bit, main sise is it needs to be an automatic, i have looked at Stoneacres, and not much for the 10'000 finance she is allowed there, I have had two cars peugeot 205 bought on here, and 307 form great small dealer in lincoln, wish i could remember the name, these wereok cars, though few yrs later had real issues issues and not much servicing had gone on. Can poster rec decent car sales with integrity which facilitates finance, etc, tx

update just heard form her, the battery had just gone, all sorted now, but her ex partner who cam out to pick us up etc, should really have checked that, jumped it etc, , What do we need to have for emergencies, jump leads are one

Edited by SCM1

It's the Auto requirement that's gonna hold you back. 

My Mrs has the same issue, although we were cash-buying so eventually we ended up buying one out of our cash budget and topped up with a bank loan, something we tried to avoid. 

If you're buying on finance you also should be purchasing Gap insurance, It's an extra insurance policy that save you being out of pocket should the car be a total loss before the finance is paid up

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Resident said:

It's the Auto requirement that's gonna hold you back. 

My Mrs has the same issue, although we were cash-buying so eventually we ended up buying one out of our cash budget and topped up with a bank loan, something we tried to avoid. 

If you're buying on finance you also should be purchasing Gap insurance, It's an extra insurance policy that save you being out of pocket should the car be a total loss before the finance is paid up

There are lots of automatics available from all manufacturers and it's definitely the way to go.  I agree about gap insurance. 

55 minutes ago, Meltman said:

There are lots of automatics available from all manufacturers and it's definitely the way to go.  I agree about gap insurance. 

When we were looking last year there were very few although we had other criteria too. They're becoming more popular which as a driver saddens me. 

I also would like to add that it's ESSENTIAL to do a background check on any prospective vehicle even if the dealer says it's been checked and is "approved" by an outside company. 

Ignore Experian or HPI as they're not worth the virtual paper they're printed on. 

Use vCheck as it checks salvage databases too, something that most car checks don't 

The following is advertised as HPI clear

https://ibb.co/xqJPDHz?fbclid=IwAR0rsFvMKpNWKOEztRrwA-8xi8F_UEZxAwyEbFaBAOZlQd7Gv6NdjYHaEWc

This is how is was sold by at a salvage auction. 

https://ibb.co/1Gt8k5n?fbclid=IwAR12FFptxcIW3rjBb_uVElRb94msm5eqtKPX5_3REs7Y1kj6KNNGC2xyB3Y

The vehicle has Cat S type damage which was never recorded but is now being sold as a straight car, never been involved in an accident

Cat S means there was structural damage to the car and even if repaired to a good standard, will never be a strong as it was and as Cat S isn't worth the value given to it.