Vw Emissions Claim

As I had an ex demo car that qualified under the scheme I did submit a claim giving as much detail as I could,but not all that Milberg requested.

No great expectation that I would get anything but......lo and behold today received a payment into my account.

I hope that some  others have had the same pleasant surprise.

2 hours ago, geared said:

Did you get a decent amount?

I have a car that falls within the effected models, I didn't buy it new though, not sure if that is a requirement?

Works out for me at around 5% of the purchase price.

My claim was through Milberg who I assume took a commission for taking the action.

I am pretty certain that only the first purchaser had a claim.

Having said that my VW had a couple of thousand miles on the clock when I bought it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I am surprised that I pursued a claim myself and managed to stay the course.

I never thought that it would come to anything

Ah well, c'est la vie... passed on to another family member now but still rock solid at 200k miles, so can't really complain.

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Ah well, c'est la vie... passed on to another family member now but still rock solid at 200k miles, so can't really complain.

Just FYI.

Very similar story as I passed this car to my son.

He also made a claim 😂but the interesting bit is that he received the following reply which I have edited.

“Dear .....

Unfortunately we cannot continue because you owned the car after the cut off date of Dec 2015.

Blah Di blah.

IF YOU OWNED ANY OTHER VWS PRIOR TO 2015,0R A MERCEDES PROOR TO 2019 WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO CHECK THE REG HERE

http://wwwemissionscheatclaim.co.uk

I am not sure when he got this message,but he only sent it to me yesterday.

It could be worth your while to check it out to see if claims are still being processed by Milberg.

All the best